G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to know if anyone has checked the paint on our live steamers for lead. A great many of our engines and cars are produced in China which seems to be the lead paint capital of the world right now. I certainly don't intend to put any of my engines or cars in my mouth alla kids toys but we all handle them a lot. I'm sure there is little if any harm to us steamer but I would be interested to know what goes into our paint.

Don

·
Registered
243 Posts
The way I see it, the more lead the better-- makes for better traction! ;)

Besides I don't lick my locomotives all that often.

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Good point, Eric. And just to try it out, I cut up a surplus 'Ruby' for lunch and ate it with some nice sauce my wife made out of Round-up and roach killer.

Let's get real 'bout this lead paint business, guys, and put it into perspective. Unless you live in California, where it seems that everything you do, eat, drink, drive or play with is carnicogenic and may affect you unto the fiftieth generation, I would say that you are more likely to be hit by a falling piano whilst swimming in Lake Gleep than dying of lead poisoning from handling your Accucraft loco.

tac the Griper
www.ovgrs.org

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I licked my GS-4 and it tastes sweet, just like the lead solder I hold in my mouth whilst making a three handed solder joint./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Anything out of China these days...............all bet's are off. Who knows????? One batch might have lead paint and the next not. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif

·
Registered
233 Posts
My gosh, with all that lead around it is a wonder we are facing a crisis with Social Security. It is a wonder any of us old timers made it to 65.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Hey Dave, just be sure that you don't burn any "Coal from China" in any of your steamers here Wend. :D:) Can you imagine how alcohol from China would smell burning. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts