G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so we got together the other day at Pat Mccartys house to run and it was 50 degrees out and i was freezing....burrrrrrrrrr.
we ran for a couple of hours, i had my pacific and 6 NYC usa cars, Bill came with a few heavyweights and a gp-9,we also had a fella stop that we meet from the train show last weekend, he stayed a little while and left but all in all a fun run day,but i think my last till spring, im not a very good cold weather garden rail roader... heres a video watch at the end how much smoke this thing puts out...

Nick...

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Hay Nick amybe you need to move further south
. I run pretty much all year even if by chance we get a little snow. Looks like the garden inspector needs to visit the east
Later RJD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted By aceinspp on 11/14/2008 11:02 AM
Hay Nick amybe you need to move further south
. I run pretty much all year even if by chance we get a little snow. Looks like the garden inspector needs to visit the east
Later RJD

RJ,
You have a room for rent over your garage????? he he he plus i need a liitle storage for the couple of trains i own....

Nick..

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Well you could just send the trains an I will keep them well exercised
Got lots of room for them. Later RJD

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerry,
i saw your video your pacific looks really sweet with the new paint and vandy tender,i didnt know your rr was track power too..its really great you can run just about anything on your rr,cant beat that.... RJ the trains and i are one package he he he take one gotta take all he he he

Nick..

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Well Nick i can use a little extra income
, got a spare room and lots of room for trains and a great maintenance facility. Later RJD

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
80 degrees here in San Diego.... come on over.... winter is only shorter days here.... and if it gets cold, we start a fire, a BIG one!

Regards, Greg

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Ya Greg it's probably the one that's burning out there now that brought your temp up.
Later RJD

·
Super Modulator
20,525 Posts
Ahh... are you calling me a hothead?

Luckily those fires are 100 miles north of here.... but it's warm!
Got the AC turned on to 72 degrees... wearing shorts.

Regards, Greg

·
Registered
938 Posts
Bleh, do I hate the winter. LOL Actually that is one thing you may notice is that the smoke units don't put out as thick a smoke the colder it gets outside.

By the way, you have 'Clickety Clack' feature enabled by the way in case you were wondering why the chuffing sometimes goes away and the sound sounds like rail car wheels passing over a joint. I heard it activate for a few seconds the first time around.

Looks like she is running pretty good.

Raymond

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Posted By Rayman4449 on 11/17/2008 8:22 PM
Bleh, do I hate the winter. LOL Actually that is one thing you may notice is that the smoke units don't put out as thick a smoke the colder it gets outside.

By the way, you have 'Clickety Clack' feature enabled by the way in case you were wondering why the chuffing sometimes goes away and the sound sounds like rail car wheels passing over a joint. I heard it activate for a few seconds the first time around.

Raymond

Ray,
she smoked pritty good once heated up, that clicky clack thing had us at a loss as well, only did it on that part of the track for 10 ft then fine but every time around same thing same spot. also running on dc only,any thoughts?

Nick

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Last train??? I don't understand???? Its almost plow season on the RR.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Now that "Fire Season" is hopefully over, its just getting cool enough outside for me to start digging outside again to clear out the designated layout area in the yard...and to begin clearing junk and restarting scenery building on the indoor layout...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Posted By nick s. on 11/17/2008 9:13 PM

Raymond

Ray,
she smoked pritty good once heated up, that clicky clack thing had us at a loss as well, only did it on that part of the track for 10 ft then fine but every time around same thing same spot. also running on dc only,any thoughts?

Nick

Yes I do, if you don't want to hear the clicky clack, start the engine under DCS go to SOUND -> then Clickety Clack --> OFF.

As far as WHY it acts that way, well I haven't used it hardly at all but it seems to activate once it reaches a certain speed and maintains it. But since you're running under analog track power, there is no telling what is causing it to activate or deactivate. Either, speed, load, track voltage level changes, etc.. I really don't know. I don't use it cause I want my engine Chuffing, not making clickety sounds. The rolling stock already makes that sound for us.

Raymond

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Posted By Rayman4449 on 11/18/2008 7:19 PM
Posted By nick s. on 11/17/2008 9:13 PM

Raymond

Ray,

Nick

Yes I do, if you don't want to hear the clicky clack, start the engine under DCS go to SOUND -> then Clickety Clack --> OFF.

As far as WHY it acts that way, well I haven't used it hardly at all but it seems to activate once it reaches a certain speed and maintains it. But since you're running under analog track power, there is no telling what is causing it to activate or deactivate. Either, speed, load, track voltage level changes, etc.. I really don't know. I don't use it cause I want my engine Chuffing, not making clickety sounds. The rolling stock already makes that sound for us.

Raymond

Thanks Ray i did that tonight and all is well, funny how it only happened over that one spot!!!! wonder if theres a voltage drop on that section of track.i will have to check next time im there....
Nick

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Posted By NTCGRR on 11/18/2008 4:16 PM
Last train??? I don't understand???? Its almost plow season on the RR.

Marty,
im sensitive to the cold, i'd rather be sittin on the couch with a beer.. he he he but i do enjoy watching you guys run your plows...

Nick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts