G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Large Scale Clubs in Crossville, Nashville, or Knoxville?

10K views 56 replies 7 participants last post by  Spule 4 
#1 ·
I am looking for a contact with the large scale clubs in Crossville, TN, Nashville, TN, and Knoxville, TN. I know these groups have been active in the past. If you participate in one of these three clubs, please e-mail me.

#28 ·
10th of January and 14th of February??? Wow, I want to go!!! lol Where can I get info about these shows? Does G.A.T.S come to Nashville anymore? I'd like to attend both so let me know Spule ^^ Thanks!

-Will

#29 ·
The February show is the "World's Greatest Hobby" show, it will be at the convention centre there downtown. $10

The next weekend show is going to be at Memorial, it is the former GATS show, whatever it is called, Great Train Expo or the like. $7

Did you make it to the TCA show? I ran into one other MLS member there....

#30 ·
Guys,
Don't forget the Southeast Garden Railroad Show coming to Dalton, GA (just across the border into Georgia on I-75) in just 4 months! It has vendors, banquet w/door-prizes, clinics, live steam track, club layouts, and self-guided layout tours. This is just like a mini-convention! You can e-mail the promoter, David Roberts, at gscaleisfun@hotmail.com to get on the mailing list for newsletters regarding the show. Feel free to contact me offline for any specific questions. Hope to see y'all in May!

#31 ·
I will also send out flyers for the Southeast Garden Railroad Show and the Heart of America Garden Railroad show to anyone who is interested in taking them to a train show to spread the word. Just eamil me at gscaleisfun@ hotmail.com and give me an address for me to send them to you. Thanks in advance.

David Roberts
913-406-3400

#33 ·
Thanks for the info guys, I'll be at all of them most likely. Yessir Spule, I was at the show. I gave Chris Schultz some business because I feel it's important to show G-scale some support. He was the biggest G-scale vendor, the only one really. Noone else had much but it was still a great show.

-Will

#34 ·
Thanks Spule, I got the info now:

The Great Train Expo
Nashville Municipal Auditorium
417 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37201
Saturday & Sunday, January 10-11, 2009
10:00 AM to 4:00 PM

(and)

World's Greatest Hobby on Tour
February 14 & 15, 2009
Nashville Convention Center, Nashville, TN
Admission for the World’s Greatest Hobby on Tour is $10 for adults and kids 16 and under are FREE. The family fun is from 10:00am to 6:00pm on Saturday and 10:00am to 5:00pm on Sunday.

#37 ·
Posted By Engineercub on 01/06/2009 3:37 AM
Thanks for the info guys, I'll be at all of them most likely. Yessir Spule, I was at the show. I gave Chris Schultz some business because I feel it's important to show G-scale some support. He was the biggest G-scale vendor, the only one really. Noone else had much but it was still a great show.

-Will

Will-

I almost bought some Pola stuff from him, but bought some Piko stuff from another vendor. He did have a nice selection of US outline stuff.

We all plan to go early on Sat, do not forget the football game later in the day.

#41 ·
Friends,
The Georgia Garden Railway Society's Banquet will be held on Friday, May 1, at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $25.00 per person which includes your meal, a speaker and door prizes. For Tickets send a check made out to GGRS along with a self addressed stamped envelope to F. Tidd/Banquet Tickets, 3540 Cove Creek Court, Cumming, GA 30040.

#43 ·
Sorry Garrett, I was not able to go. I could not mark off or they would have taken a week's pay as per new Engineer's Agreement. (Thanks BLE...) But I do plan on going to World's Greatest Hobby as now I am being forced back out onto the road marking off won't be a problem as far as guarentee goes. I'll be running the Bruceton Subdivision so make sure to go railfanning over there and hopefully I'll see ya ^^

-Will

#44 ·
Don't worry, you did not miss a thing. A rather disappointing show for even the HO guys that went with me.

I came back having spent $36, only $10 was mine. The rest was a friend, $1 went for some AF track, and $25 did go for a restored 1957 AF Atlantic, the only deal I could find!

#45 ·
GARRETT!!! lol I will be going to the World's Greatest Hobby show in Nashville on Saturday and I ran into Jeffro and he says you guys are going as well. I hope to see you there this time, I definately will be going since I put in 2 personal days just for this but the show I'm really looking forward to is the Southeast Garden Railroad Show in GA May1-2. What do you think my chances are of meeting Charles Ro there? lol

-Will

#46 ·
Hey Will-

Glad you ran into Jeffro. I saw him Sunday without a hat, he was really putting the "fro" in Jeffro.....

Yes, we have a large crew going, about ten I can name alone right now. I have a list of who all is at this show (vendors/exhibitors) and did not see Charlie Ro. We did count about empty 20 booths, but that was over a month ago.

Hope it is a good show, and hope to see you there. Look for Jeffro and I should be around, would be nice to put a face with a name.

#49 ·
It was nice to meet you finally Garrett. ^^ I was a little bummed about the lack of G-scale and USA Trains product especially but I did love the MTH booth. It was nice seeing Triplex in person. The GG-1 was playing country music while going around the tracks... Bad DCS! lol I did pick up a few nice DVDs though, one of which Thomas got me by surprise. A 5-disc Conrail Hot Spots DVD woohoo! And 2 Pentrex BigBoy DVDs. All-in-all it was a good day.

-Will

#50 ·
Likewise Will- I guess you guys made it to Green Frog? I missed the Triplex at MTH, was too busy looking at their prewar tinplate repops, another passion of mine, I guess.

For what you are looking for, you are going to have to get out of Nashville.

Ted, do you have a vendor/mfgr list for this show in GA? Would like to know before commiting to the 2.5 (five round) hour drive....

#51 ·
Garrett,
The vendor list keeps changing as some are added and some drop out. Check www.segrs.com regularly, as new info and newsletters are posted there. You can certainly keep up to date at the website. When it get closer (about 30 days from the show I've been told and believe it or not, we are getting close to that) the list of vendors will be posted. Be assured that there will be large scale vendors at the show!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.