G Scale Model Train Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Friends,
The Georgia Garden Railway Society's Banquet will be held on Friday, May 1, at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $25.00 per person which includes your meal, a speaker and door prizes. For Tickets send a check made out to GGRS along with a self addressed stamped envelope to F. Tidd/Banquet Tickets, 3540 Cove Creek Court, Cumming, GA 30040.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Posted By Engineercub on 01/07/2009 11:40 PM
Wow, who was it that worked with me in my training days? That was 10 years ago lol

PM sent.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry Garrett, I was not able to go. I could not mark off or they would have taken a week's pay as per new Engineer's Agreement. (Thanks BLE...) But I do plan on going to World's Greatest Hobby as now I am being forced back out onto the road marking off won't be a problem as far as guarentee goes. I'll be running the Bruceton Subdivision so make sure to go railfanning over there and hopefully I'll see ya ^^

-Will

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Don't worry, you did not miss a thing. A rather disappointing show for even the HO guys that went with me.

I came back having spent $36, only $10 was mine. The rest was a friend, $1 went for some AF track, and $25 did go for a restored 1957 AF Atlantic, the only deal I could find!

·
Registered
401 Posts
GARRETT!!! lol I will be going to the World's Greatest Hobby show in Nashville on Saturday and I ran into Jeffro and he says you guys are going as well. I hope to see you there this time, I definately will be going since I put in 2 personal days just for this but the show I'm really looking forward to is the Southeast Garden Railroad Show in GA May1-2. What do you think my chances are of meeting Charles Ro there? lol

-Will

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Hey Will-

Glad you ran into Jeffro. I saw him Sunday without a hat, he was really putting the "fro" in Jeffro.....

Yes, we have a large crew going, about ten I can name alone right now. I have a list of who all is at this show (vendors/exhibitors) and did not see Charlie Ro. We did count about empty 20 booths, but that was over a month ago.

Hope it is a good show, and hope to see you there. Look for Jeffro and I should be around, would be nice to put a face with a name.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Will & Garrett,
Be sure to check out http://www.segrs.com/ for complete info on the Southeast Garden Railroad Show May 1-2 in Dalton, GA. Banquet, layout tours (ON SUNDAY MAY 3), live steam, clinics, club displays, and lots of LARGE SCALE VENDORS! Looking forward to the show! See y'all there!

·
Registered
401 Posts
It was nice to meet you finally Garrett. ^^ I was a little bummed about the lack of G-scale and USA Trains product especially but I did love the MTH booth. It was nice seeing Triplex in person. The GG-1 was playing country music while going around the tracks... Bad DCS! lol I did pick up a few nice DVDs though, one of which Thomas got me by surprise. A 5-disc Conrail Hot Spots DVD woohoo! And 2 Pentrex BigBoy DVDs. All-in-all it was a good day.

-Will

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Likewise Will- I guess you guys made it to Green Frog? I missed the Triplex at MTH, was too busy looking at their prewar tinplate repops, another passion of mine, I guess.

For what you are looking for, you are going to have to get out of Nashville.

Ted, do you have a vendor/mfgr list for this show in GA? Would like to know before commiting to the 2.5 (five round) hour drive....

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Garrett,
The vendor list keeps changing as some are added and some drop out. Check www.segrs.com regularly, as new info and newsletters are posted there. You can certainly keep up to date at the website. When it get closer (about 30 days from the show I've been told and believe it or not, we are getting close to that) the list of vendors will be posted. Be assured that there will be large scale vendors at the show!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Well Garrett, I was finally accepted into the NGRS after lying on their application to test your theory. I said I had a layout and kazaam! I was in... After all these years, I see what the hangup was.

The elusive NGRS:
Well after years of tag I have finally been able to contact you guys. My
first attempt was back in the Hickory Hollow days 10 years ago or so. I filled
out and submitted the slip for garnering information twice but was never met
with a response. Last July I filled out an application on the main website for
joining and got a forwarded e-mail about a meeting at a member's house. Since
the e-mail didn't officially specify whether or not I was accepted I just
disregarded it and never saw another e-mail since. Is this normal or am I
trying to join at the wrong times?

-Will

This is now on their site.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Glad it is not just me......I have contacted members and even their officers and even talked with one in person when I bought something off of him. Like you, I tried joining (100 Oaks days) and was actually told NOT to by one of the members.

I really do not know what NGRS's problem is.....they worked to promote the hobby in the storefronts?

PS....give it a few months, and let me know if it is worth trying to join again.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Garrett, methinks we should just start our own lol. I'm not sure we could conjure a whole slew of members unless we made it multiscale though. I do know several O-scale guys who would join.

-Will

·
Registered
401 Posts
Garrett, NGRS is dead. They said they are now an "informal group with no charter, no rules or regulations" but said I was welcome to come to any posted event. I'm going to try for possibly multiscale. See what kind of support I can garner.

-Will

41 - 57 of 57 Posts