G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hi, all!

I'm working to put together in information booklet for our local rail history, and our club layout depicting such.

I've seen a great graphical image at some point that showed what the different *scales* of rolling stock look like on 45mm track. This graphic had an outline of different locomotives, so that the differences between sizes of models when 45mm represents standard guages vs. narrow ones is crystal clear.

Has anyone got a copy of this, or know where it can be found? I can recreate it myself, but, unfortunately, I didn't think of adding it in to our booklet until time was short....

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Debie:

LGB used to have an illustration at the beginning of their catalogs that compared other scales such as O, HO and N to LGB, but I don't recall ever seeing one comparing various scales that run on gauge 1 (45mm) track.
track
This would be a very difficult illustration to prepare as there are not any engines that are common to all the four, five, or 6 scales common to "G" gauge track (depending on your definition of common). Someone would have to take a picture of an engine and then rescale it to each of the common scales: 1:13, 1.20.5, 1:22.5, 1:24, 1:29, 1:32, and ?.

Chuck N

PS Scott: How was the Christmas party. did you get any good ideas?

·
Registered
222 Posts
That thing is great, Scot. May place a link on my website to it?

Posted By Scottychaos on 12/10/2008 9:46 AM

click here: http://gold.mylargescale.com/scottychaos/Large-scale-scales2.gif to open full-size.

I wanted to use the Spectrum mogul to represent 3-foot gauge,
but I couldnt find a good drawing..so instead its the "Columbia"..a little smaller prototype,
but it does the job..

Scot

Scot

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hay guys That vairous scales photo really helps thanks.
Chunk N. Austin and I diden't get to go to the Chrismas party because of other commitments ,but we have been diligently working on are design plain.We have a spot picked out for the train lay out. We have some pictures we will have to get posted.

Scott & Austin

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hiya Scott and Austin (Plant Man) and welcome to MLS!!! I've only been here for a short time but I have been getting to know these folks and they are all great. They have all answered my questions really thoroughly and are a huge help. Though I have had a G scale collection for about 10 years, I have not built a layout as I was too busy with the real railroad and didn't have the time or space. So 2009 is the year I finally tackle my project and hopefully I can make MLS proud! I am a former resident of Reading,Pennsylvania as a matter of fact and am modelling Conrail mainly, but also Pennsylvania Railroad, New York Central, and anything else that has existed in the Northeastern Corridor. If I can be of help to you guys let me know.

p.s. - Check out www.usatrains.com

-Will

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.