G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just purchased a Korber G-Scale Aunt Bertha's farm house and benches. But ... since the past last year, there has been no news on the re-stocking of the G-Scale two-storey farm house -- a must-have item!

Korber models are really, really strong and sturdy. I hope they continue to bring back the old models! I would buy them in preference to many European-made so-called "American-look" models.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
I haven't seen anything "new" from Korber since or after this announcement 2 years ago, still only NOS items. If anything was made it must have been a very small production run.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Here is the smaller Korber house -- the ochre and brown (SP colours) one. This is on my own layout, but the building is on loan from my friend Don Herzog's layout. I have one of the kits to build, however, and will place it here:

The grey house in this shot is the larger, two-story Korber house i want -- and Korber does not sell it at this time. The one here is on loan from Don as well:

If anyone has this house and wants to sell it -- i am buying!

·
Registered
204 Posts
So does anyone know if they are planning to do some of their other models in G scale. I realize too this is an older post but looked at their site as I was unfamiliar with their product and really wished some of the O scale stuff I saw there would be produced for G scale.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I phoned the number on their web site, got a friendly answering machine for Korber Models and Rich and Theresa Redmond, and left a message with my home number. We shall see!

I told them that i would buy 2 of the larger farmhouse kits and that Don Herzog said he would buy 5 of them -- that is 7 sold, straight off, if they have the moulds.

For those wishing to phone them, the information posted at their site is:

Mail
Korber Models, LLC
100 Castleberry Court #178 (This address is the local US Post Office and their P.O. Box Number, i believe)
Milford, OH 45150 USA
Phone

513-239-1908

I also suggested to Rich that he could come back here and post in this thread, if he wants to keep us updated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Realizing this is an ancient thread, I was just in contact with Stephen R Nelson, current owner of the Korber name and production infrastructure, asking him if he was planning to reintroduce the Large Scale models. He said that they have the molds but only bought the licenses to make the smaller scales. So the infrastructure is there but not the legal right, yet. I told him it might be worth looking into, considering the skyrocketing price of the POLA and PIKO models.

For what it's worth (not much at this time), here's his current list of Korber offerings: Korber Models

·
Super Modulator
21,432 Posts
So, he did not say he was trying to get the license? Did he mention who owned the G scale license? They were a nice addition and looked good, and as I remember, a reasonable price.

Greg

·
Super Modulator
21,432 Posts
Well, since we have been getting the same story for the last 6 years, I would not recommend holding your breath!

I would guess that either the license costs way too much, or the G scale business is too small or both.

Greg

21 - 30 of 30 Posts