1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
very cool! anybody have pics of the old kits? don't know if I've seen any [email protected] url(http://www.mylargescale.com/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/CEHtmlEditorProvider/Load.ashx?type=style&file=SyntaxHighlighter.css);@import url(/providers/htmleditorproviders/cehtmleditorprovider/dnngeneral.css);

·
Super Modulator
21,409 Posts
The email I got, and the survey I took says that they are deciding which kits to manufacture... maybe eventually if everything goes well, all of them, but don't expect them all to appear right away.

Also the survey and the web site make no indication of which kits were available in G scale... I do understand it was a small subset.

Greg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Posted By WSOR on 23 Apr 2012 08:02 PM
anybody have pics of the old kits?
Here's one of their house kits in use as a small train station on our layout:

Wasn't a big fan of the "frosted" windows and since taking that photo I've replaced the windows with clear styrene.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I have their country church from the original production. I have yet to assemble it, but it is very sturdily made. I will be glad to see their line produced again, as there are items I could not afford the first go round that I may be able to purchase now.

Best,
David Meashey

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for mentioning it here guys.

This is Rich Redmond, My wife and I purchased Korber Models and will be restarting production in OH over the summer. We will be offing the G Scale items on our Web Site www.korbermodels.com or click here Korber Models as we sort out the inventory and the parts that are available.

Thank you.

Best regarsds

Rich

·
Super Modulator
21,409 Posts
Rich, in your survey, there was no mention of scale.... so I could not identify I was only interested in "G" .... That might be a good thing to note.

I was under the impression that not all buildings were made in G, can you clarify this, if it makes a difference in our "votes" on which we like?

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good catch on scale Greg,

Yes you are right, not all structures are in all scales. I will try to post pictures. In g scales there are a mix of kits, frankly I have to go thru the inventory to get a better feel for what is avlible.

Thanks for the suggestions, and patience while we get back up and running.

Rich

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope there are some of those fantastic roundhouses in that pile or at least they are first back in production. Jack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi again guys,

We have made some progress since I last posted, and the inventory and molds are now in OH. In G scale we have several kits that are complete in finished goods, and will be available for sale in the next few weeks on our web site. We additionally seem to have a nice stock of injection molded parts, so we expect to be able to continue to make those kits available, and perhaps expanded them as there seems to have been several configurations of the houses that could be offered. In addition to the parts stock we have the molds so we expect we can make more parts when needed if there is demand. The injection molded kits we have so far are as follows.

573 Centerviille Station
575 trolly stop, coverd platfrom
576 Aunt Berthas
581 Elmer Station
600 Benches (2)

We additionally have some of the poured urethane models available, these too will be for sale on our web site shortly. There is limited stock of these, however we have the molds, and if there is demand we could make more, however this process (pouring molds) is also the process for much of the O scale items, so we will have some contention for time to make them such that it will take a while before we can get more of the poured models available. The ones we will have available shortly will be.

568 Diesel Shed
559 Speeder Shed
560 Red Barn

We additionally have some other poured molds in both complete and partial status. We have more work to do to understand what is there. We also have some parts that we could make available if you think there is a need. These include windows and such that could be used for kit bashing and scratch building if you all see a need.

We have posted some of the G Scale benches on ebay , search for Korber Models and you can see them. We can ship those now if anyone needs them.

Thanks for the time, we will try to provide updates as we get them.

If you are looking for something special, you can contact em via the web site.

Best regards

Rich Redmond

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

After a bit of work, the web store is now active, and you can browse and purchase some great models on line from Korber Models including photos of the products, and description and basic footprint size.

The items I listed above at in stock for shipment at our web site www.korbermodels.com click on the on line store tab at the top.
Let me know if I can help with anything.

best regards

Rich

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Greg and all,

I am not sure of the scale, the documentation I have dose not really say. Here are the measurements I just took off a building
Door opening is 1.5 inches wide by 3 3/8"
the window is 7/8" wide by 2.5" tall inside the trim.

I hope this helps

Regards

Rich

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
ALL

Looks like nominally 1:24 or 1/2" per foot. The door dimensions work out in 1:24 to 36 in wide by 6 ft 8 in tall. The widow dimensions are 21 in wide by 60 in tall.

I seem to remember that when these kits first came out [I still have at least three of the buildings], they were advertised as 1:24.

·
Super Modulator
21,409 Posts
Thanks Jim, just wanted to get a handle on what I might be buying, since no details are on the site and I got no answers any other way.

Greg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry for the confusion Greg.

If you check out the site, specifically the on line store, is organized by scale, and the kits have footprint measurements.

Please let me know if you have any question I can help with.

Rich

·
Super Modulator
21,409 Posts
Nope, just wanted the approximate scale, Jim supplied that... the relationship of the figures to the doorways is the most noticeable thing to me... and figures that don't fit in the cars or cars that don't match the garages.

I'm not a rivet counter, but when a figure is the wrong size for the door, or a car that matches the building but the car is almost the size of the loco, well, that bothers me, so I need to make sure buildings that don't match my scale have some "flexibility" in appearance.

Thanks, Greg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts