G Scale Model Train Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Shawn,

The cribbing bridge is looking good. I like the rough and ramshackle look of that type of construction. Your layout looks very nice and I also like the work you did with the stream and waterfall. By the way is that the Delaware River in the background of your first picture in the first post? Keep up the good work.

Regards,

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Posted By Bob Rich on 04/03/2009 4:03 PM

Shawn,

The cribbing bridge is looking good. I like the rough and ramshackle look of that type of construction. Your layout looks very nice and I also like the work you did with the stream and waterfall. By the way is that the Delaware River in the background of your first picture in the first post? Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Bob
Thanks. In the first picture you are looking at part of the Kittatinny Ridge. The Delaware River would be over on the other side of that ridge 8 miles away.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I have not done alot in the last week. Mainly because of the weather. Its been rainy one day, snow showers the next and cold. But I have been keeping busy with a few inside projects. I have been kitbashing my 4 HLW mini flats into new rolling stock. One I made a tender for my porter, the other Im making into a small box car, the other is a wooden gondola/ore car and the other is staying as a flat. No pictures until they are complete and painted.
Today I did manage to do some rock work in the trestle area. Its been on and off snow showers all day. :-( Here is what I did so far. I built up behind the cribbing colums and on top I planted my spruce. I also added some rock work inside the layout. Still have more to do. Ground cover is slowly turning green.

Back side of the rock mountain

some of the rock work I started inside the layout

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The weather has not showm much of an improvement but I did manage to get a little more work done.

I made a bumper for my siding. Used left over branches from my cribbing colums

I built up the mt one more layer high. This will make a great photo spot once the plants get established. (notice the dead guy LOL)

A further picture of the recent addition. I dug a trench and added stone for a dry stream bed

Bonus pictures

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.