G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding Smoke Units: I was wondering if anyone was familiar with KM1 products? I found this of many videos on YouTube for their locomotives with smoke units and a unique simulated steam from the steam cylinders it is a step up for realism in my opinion and I have not seen it offered by other manufacturers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6NqSy8Ozg0

·
Super Modulator
20,510 Posts
MTH did make smoke come from the whistle. No one else has done the cylinders, although you only see this at very low speeds.

I have heard that they use fluid at a prodigious rate.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
KM-1 does not sell or export in to the USA Resaons:Liability(e-mail from KM-1 june 2012) I am going in september for10 day's to germany i will bring back a couple KM-1 units!

Manfred

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
[email protected]

011-49 9072-922670 call from the USA

o9o72922670 Call from germany

Manfred

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
According to the info I have found there is an American importer for KM1, ReynauldsEuroImports, PH 888-762-6872, to those interested. I plan to contact them re additional info on the KM1 products.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Eurorailhobbies in Langley B.C. also carries KM1--I've seen them there and they are beautiful! He does a lot of mail order and service is excellent.

Keith

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Posted By Cougar Rock Rail on 15 Jul 2012 10:56 PM
Eurorailhobbies in Langley B.C. also carries KM1--I've seen them there and they are beautiful! He does a lot of mail order and service is excellent.

Keith Keith: I agree, they offer an excellent service to US customers, I have bought a few things from them and they have served well every single time.

Mohammed
www.allaboutlgb.com

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know how the KM1 steam cylinder and whistle smoke units actually work, are they fan driven or maybe some other type of air pressure system? I would love to install a similar system in my Connies. I once had an old Mantura HO loco with and actual bellows in it for the chuff smoke, powered by the motor off the drive axle and I believe American Flyer also used this system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts