G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just randomly found this site via Ebay, then checked out the Facebook site. I must say this guy is quite impressive. His models are 3d printed, the quality and the variety is good.

If you're looking for a model not made by the big companies, he'll most likely have it or is able to produce it. If you're looking for a specific model to modify, detail, paint to suit your preferred prototype this is a great way. If you're after a Alco 636, EMD BL-2, HH600, Boxcab or any other prototype this is the place to go.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is, and Mark is doing something really great for the modelling community.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The thing that has kept me from buying any of the locomotives is that what I saws says they are designed for Aristocraft trucks. No big supply of Aristocraft power trucks.

Doug

·
Super Modulator
20,576 Posts
They take a lot of finish work, filling and sanding... if you can get some close up photos you will see what I mean.

I'm too lazy for all that finishing work.

Greg

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have built 4 of these locomotives and have worked pretty well.....they require quite a bit of work, and u will need to add your own detail parts. They are good winter projects.

·
"Rocky Canyonero"
464 Posts
The thing that has kept me from buying any of the locomotives is that what I saws says they are designed for Aristocraft trucks. No big supply of Aristocraft power trucks.

Doug
Actually Bachmann sells the Aristo motor block still (ball bearing version). You just need to find the decorative AAR sideframes...which I think he can actually make for you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Alco C430 i built come with truck side frames, and the motor blocks are available from RLD Hobbies.
Nice to be able to run something different. I added Aristo SD-45 weights to mine (2) they pull and run good.
LED headlights and Phoenix sound. The Alco C415 i used the Aristo motor blocks with the stock side frames.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts