G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello once again,

Does anyone have any information about Kalamazoo trains, cars and/or track? I am looking at picking up some of them but I have nothing to go on as far as pricing or quality. If anyone knows of any links or information that can help me it would be appreciated or if you have personal experience with them even better. (By the way, this has been the bext forum that I have found yet on G scale trains).

Rich

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All,

thanks for the update and information. If anyone can find the web site with the history it would be appreciated. I have run across a bunch of the old Kalamazoo trains that have the original boxes. Any idea on what to pay for these? I am trying to figure out what is a good price for some of the trains. If anyone can help here it would really be appreciated! Thanks

Rich

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK,

Now that it seems we are off track here (pun intended), anyway the trains that I am looking at are not in some poor widows place but owned by a business man that knows what he paid for them. The question is truely, what is fair? On Aristocraft or LGB I can find plenty of references and price lists out there but nothing on Kalamazoo trains. So basically what I am looking for is someone that is truely knowledgable in the Kalamazoo trains to know if I am being taken or not! Hopefully that puts us back on the track!

RJR

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everybody that replied to this post so far. I do appreciate the moral side of the question, however my current issue is what to pay for the list I have sitting in front of me. Here is a list of the cars:

DR&GW Engine and Tender 4-4-0 Rio Grande Crude Crane K1880-3 D&RGW Gondola- Yellow 1873-3 D&RGW Passerger Coach 1863-3 D&RGW Log Car 1877-31 D&RGW Combinaton Car D&RGW Caboose 1876--3 Kalamazoo Aniversary #1 Kalamazoo Aniversary #2 Kalamazoo Aniversary #3 Kalamazoo Aniversary #4 Kalamazoo Aniversary #5 Kalamazoo Aniversary #6 Kalamazoo Aniversary #7 Kalamazoo Aniversary #8 Kalamazoo Aniversary #9 Colorado & Southern Gondola Green 1873-1 Colorado & Southern Log Green 1877-21 Colorado & Southern Combination Car Colorado &Southern Caboose 1876-6 Colorado & Southern Flat Car 1877-2 Kalamazoo Fruit Growers Express 1871-3 Kalamazoo Empire Line Box Car 1872-1 Conoco Tank Car 1865-2 Oil Depot W/3 tanks Red Horse Saloon Cripple Creek Station Johnson Hardware Sheriff's Office Small Switch Building

So if anyone has any idea on what each individual item might be worth it would help a lot. They are all Kalamazoo with the original boxes. The last items are buildings that are available to me.

Thanks for looking.

Rich

1 - 4 of 4 Posts