G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I bought on ebay an old Kalamazoo steam locomotive for the purpose of creating an interractive old west decor. It is a model Frontier Express 1861.7
Unfortunately both gears on the wheel axle are damaged (see pictures). Does anyone know someone or a shop I could contact with the hope of finding these as spare parts (Kalamazoo ref : 1000.2 Axle with gear, set of 2)? The axle is 2'' long and the gear diameter is approx 23/32''.
Thank you
Train Vehicle Wheel Rolling stock Steam engine

Surveillance camera Plumbing Gas Cylinder Auto part

Gear Wood Gas Auto part Machine

·
Premium Member
6,529 Posts
know someone
If you can't find the spare part (and who knows if a 20+-year-old spare won't be cracked as well,) then contact Jerry Yeramian (girotek (at) rcn (dot) com.) He cuts gears in Delrin and has saved many of our locos. He may not be interested in a "one-off" though.

·
Super Modulator
21,789 Posts
I think Giro is your best bet. Finding spare gears only would be pretty rare, and you would probably have to buy a complete loco, and who knows, the gear could split any time.

Greg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hartland parts may be of some help, as it was the later name for Kalamazoo....although they are now closed down too. At one time I replaced the old Kalamazoo drivers on their 4-4-0 locomotive, with Hartland ones....also the axels ....

·
Registered
232 Posts
Go figure it out, Elmassian....some people might have parts or junkers, known only to them as "Hartland".....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts