G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
122 Posts
Posted By RP3 on 01/21/2008 7:46 AM

There is no axle pump and no tender pump. It's just a standard Accucraft K in that regard. 

Ross Schlabach

The K-28 has a tender pump and the K-36 better have one!

Since the picture of the K-36 live steamer appeared in the K-28 manual 2+ years ago, one hopes that the demo model will be improved upon given the trend in the intervening years.  I bet it didn't have the photo-etched details of the K-28, either.

The test of my theory will be the forthcoming C-19.  Its demo model has been around for a couple of years and does not, I hope, represent the detail and features of what gets delivered.

· Premium Member
122 Posts
Cliff at Accucraft confirmed today that the production specs for the K-36 call for a tender pump. He brings up a valid point that I've wondered about and that's the ultimate limiting fluid: oil.

Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:31 PM
To: Scott Loomer
Subject: Re: K-36 LS
Hi again Scott

I got the confirmation that the production LS K-36's requirement is to have a pump in the tender. 

Cliff - tech.
Accucraft

On Jan 24, 2008 10:50 AM, Cliff Luscher wrote:

Dear Scott

All the production K-28's came with pumps so I assume the K-36's will as well. The prototype does not but that doesn't mean anything. However even with out the pump the boiler on the K-36 will run 1 hour 15 min. without injecting water. Something that does need thinking about is an engine that runs 1 1/4 hours with out putting water in it is does the lubricator have enough steam cylinder oil in it to last that long. When I fire on real 3 foot gauge oil fired locos out here in the west we need to refill the steam cylinder oil so that you don't run the cylinders lubrication dry. On the models doing this will damage the piston O rings and once that happens you will have loss of power and major blow by. I would personally really like a elec. feed water pump. However all this is kind of after market add on stuff and the more extras that get added the more expensive the model becomes. I am checking with the general manager on this issue and will email you again when I find out. I however think that I'm 99 % positive that the production K-36's will have tender water pumps.
Best regards
Cliff - tech.
Accucraft

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.