G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All fellow Large Scalers

Well kinda lookin around for a K 27 ........ any input as to where the best price is ?, looked at all the
bigger places, all seem to be stickin to there guns price wise for now, Im sure they will drop a bit soon
as not everyone wants these mamoth units.
I for one have been waiting a long time like some of you for this day when we have the new cabbose
it will be a complete deal !

I have not seen one in person and actually been kinda quiet here even picture wise, maybe there are
not many sold and out , time will tell if they are a hit for Bachmann , just hope they dont have all the issues
like some other Bachmann models in the past, just once Id like to se them get it right.

Well if anyone has info as to ones less than $ 700 it seems is the norm pls feel free to PM me or post.

have fun with your trains !

Terry

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Terry,

That seems to be the going rate. You might want to do yourself a favor and do a search for K27. You should find many days worth of reading as there was a lot of discussion about this locomotive when it came out last December/January.

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Terry:

The Bachmann K-27 is an excellent engine. In addition to searching on K27 also try Bachmann K and K-27.

When you order one make sure the dealer fixes or replaces the counterweights. This is necessary if it is one of the early engines shipped out by Bachmann last January. The engines shipped out later were supposed to have the new counterweights installed by Bachmann before they went to dealers. These latter engines are supposed to have a sticker on the box indicating the fix.

I had to fix one shortly after I got it last January. I had Caboose Hobbies fix the second one before they shipped it to me in Virginia last April.

They are a good looking engine and it has pulled up to 10 cars with out any problems. I haven't tried pulling more. Here is a picture of my #453.

Chuck N

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not everyone has a layout that can accomodate the K
Not everyone has the bucks to part for a K
When the new Mallet comes out the K is kinda old hat then
$699
$599
$499 CLOSE OUT !
BINGO - they get my bucks and I get a plastic model that will fall apart
Any color you want as long it is black - LOL