G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably not the place to post this info but other things have been posted.
Steve Speck called me this morning with news that John Frank was admitted to hospital earlier this week. Doctor said he needed some repair work on his engine.
I called John to check on him and he sounds great. Just borded being in hospital.
He said they would probably do bypass surgery on Mon or Tues.
Keep John in your thoughts and prayers. I ask John if was okay to let you guyd know about him

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Wishing John the best in his procedure and recovery. It will be good see read his post about how steamed he got having to eat hospital food!

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Just talked to John a little while ago, he's probably already trying to run the place like his rail road. I think that he would rather have Dave Hottman come down and do the bypass procedure...........but I talked him into letting the good folks at the Houston Medical Center do it.
Thanking you for any and all prayers directed his way..................

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Steve S.
Please pass along best wishes to John.

To the original post, This is the correct place to post this, as John is one of the more active ones here in Live Steam,/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif
and 2nd the bypass procedure will be like fixing a clogged super heater on an Accucraft engine./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like I sai in post, I checked with John first before posting and like you said he is "LIVE Steam".
I know he has helped me in my live steam pusuits.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I'm wishing the best for John. I hope the surgery goes well and that he has a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
I saw John today and considering that he just had By Pass surgery yesterday, he is doing very good. The surgery was a success. Other then lots of pain, he is in good spirits and doing well. :)

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Steve,

Thanks for the update on John's by-pass operation. I'm glad it was a success.

I look forward to seeing John again when he "has enough steam" to attend a Steamin' at Steve's steam up.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Saw John again today. He is still in ICU but things seem to be going well. Sure hurts when he has to cough though! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
John got out of ICU today and is starting to look like his old self again. He was fired up to hear that the Accucraft 4-4-0's have started shipping. He is being told that he will not be able to lift more then about 5 pounds for 6 weeks or more, so I guess he will just have to hang out around the track and tell everyone how to run their engines instead of running his own. :)

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Sounds like he can hold a radio transmitter/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif Can you trust him at the controlls/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to hear the news about John. Looking forward to when we can get together and run steam. I know it has been way to hot here to do any serious "steamin".
Hey Steve, thinking about an Aster S2. What doyou:cool: think?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Sounds like he can hold a radio transmitter

Thats a good point there Mr. Grunge. But guess who will be lugging his engines around for him......./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/ermm.gif:) Art the S2 is a beautiful engine and with the Vanderbilt tender will sure to be a Aster classic. I also think that they will run as well as the Berk or Mikado. I am probably going to pass on one.............however, if you get one I know where you can run it any time that you would want to.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Good news, John got out of the hospital yesterday. Now that his pipes are back in order, maybe he will be steaming again soon. :)

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glad to hear thast John is out of the hospital. Do you think I will have my new toy by the time he is able to run live steam again. Man am I excited. Ordered the 8 car set of the USA
aluminm sided passenger cars for the GN .
Wecome back Mr Steam. Missed having you posting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Again, thanks to everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers. I am underegoing rehab at my brothers place for now. Hope to be back in Katy soon. John

1 - 20 of 23 Posts