G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1/10th Scale 1875 Locomotive completly 3D printed.
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing color match issues with Badgers Weathered Black?
Here is what I am dealing with.
Bought a weathering set of paints off Amazon, and used the two blacks within the set to paint parts on my locomotive.
Had to purchase more weathered black, so I did a search using the name and part number for Weathered Black.
I also matched the color with the chart off of Badgers website to make sure I was getting the proper color.
Ordered one bottle from a hobby shop, once it arrived, I noticed it did n't match the color. The paint color match another black type on the chart, and another bottle I had open. It matched Grimy Black, so I contacted the hobby hop, thinking it was a mismarked bottle. They would not replace it, and directed me to contact Badger, which I did, and have not heard back.
In need, so I ordered some more from another supplier. Once recieved, I found that it was the same mismatch. It didn't match the color I had already painted on the model, and it also didn't match the color swatch on badgers website.
The two black colors are very different, but I keep getting Weathered Black that looks like Grimy Black.

Anyone else having this experience?
Automotive tire Font Gas Tints and shades Cylinder

Automotive tire Personal care Material property Font Cosmetics

Rectangle Wood Font Tints and shades Design

1 - 1 of 1 Posts