G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's still four-plus months away (June 7-8), but is anyone ready for the BTS? If you've been reading the various posts on MLS, there are some interesting/exciting things to see--in particular the Sundance Central, which those who have seen it say, is one heckuva modular layout. One if it's members, Richard Schmitt also says he'll be in attendance. Anyway, this sounds like the making for a great MLS get-togehter, so maybe we should start making plans. My apologies if the subject has already been addressed and I was just asleep at the switch. Again. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
I agree, not too early. Four months will go by very quickly and at my age all too quickly!/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I too find THE BIG TRAIN SHOW  one of the two high lights of my  year.:D    How ever I think Federal Law states  that we can't get excited about it till the end of March./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif  Ever since they enacted the  TOO MUCH FUNN  act.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif Your are not allowd to have  TOO MUCH FUN.   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif They are limiting our excitement time/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crying.gif

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
With the move to Ontario it has put the show within reach of some other  attractions.  One of them being the Orange Empire Railway Museum.  With San-Val closed this would be a great side trip.  Only about  45 minutes or so from the Ontario site.  Well worth the visit.  I'll let the web site speak for itself.
http://www.oerm.org/

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
As always I feel about 6 months behind on all my projects, given my time constrants I dont know if I'll have what I want ready by June, but if worse comes to worse, I can always just go to the show and enjoy myself. 

I spoke to a LHS owner who said that last year alot of vendors stayed away ,but that this year all of them and some new ones will definelty be there this year so the Big Train Show will likely really be a BIG show.

One things for sure, after the San-Val feeding frenzy - I doubt I'll buy anything major.

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
I must add my  2 cents worth on the Orange Empire Railway Museum.     That is the  greatest  bunch of people I have met  in all my time playing with trians.    Every time I have been there they  welcomed me with open amrs.     Every time   I asked a  question  they  treated me like I was the only one  on the grounds  and went into great deatail.    It is always a joy to go there. 

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With all the neat people I've met on MLS, it would be great to match names with faces and say "hello." It would be great if some of the folks from way outta town could come down. Maybe we could offer them car fare.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

Along the lines of things to see, don't forget there are old locos at the LA County Fairgrounds (along with that great outdoor layout) and at Griffith Park in the Valley. Also, there's a restored depot with a mogul out front (I think) in Lomita, next door to Torrance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After visiting last year with some awesome memories, I did suggest to the wife that i could come back......

She agreed, but unfortunately not until later in the year......

Perhaps next year.... :)

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/laugh.gif Also the San Bernardino train station has been re done as an historical site so some one interested in the stations might like that trip (there is a new coffie shop in it also)/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif  for snacks./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

Roland:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I'm planning on being there to man the MLS booth.. Melony may come with me again as well.

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shad, it will be great to meet you, finally. Big Train Barry tried to make the intorductions some years ago at the QM, but you were engaged in conversation and Barry had a customer, so it kinda fell through the cracks.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Well, I'm excited/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif  I'll go load my track up  Let's start early/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Vendor
3,317 Posts
Posted By Bob Starr on 01/24/2008 8:30 AM
Well, I'm excited/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif  I'll go load my track up  Let's start early/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

Lemmmmmmmme know, Bob.  I'll be there with my wrenches......   /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
To answer J.J.'s question on another string, part of the San Antonio contingent will be present in Ontario. Unfortunately, it won't be the good looking, talented half! Since Dwight didn't get to bring his cab forward to Diamondhead,
I will come to California to see it. Shad, put me down for a couple of circus barker tours in the MLS booth. Any body heard from Yolanda lately?
Jim Shutt

1 - 20 of 70 Posts