G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Is Gary Raymond still in Business?

21K views 59 replies 23 participants last post by  Totalwrecker 
#1 ·
Or better yet, is there a web site that shows all the different wheels he offers and the prices?

There used to be an 'Earthlink" page - a table of all his wheels, but that web page no longer exists.

And a more general question - Is there a fairly recent lsting of Large scale metal wheels somewhere on the net?

Thanks, Knut

#54 ·
Posted By Gary Raymond on 06 Jan 2013 08:30 PM
The one and only.
Gary,
will you please consider adding some photos to your webpage? ;)
I am actually interested in ordering some of your wheels, but if I cant see what they look like, then its difficult to know which wheels I want.
and no one wants to order something "sight unseen"..
I suppose I could call and talk to you in person, but that doesn't really solve the problem, because you could only describe them to me..I still wouldn't be able to see them.

you probably lose a lot of business over this simple issue.
people will check out your page, not see any photos, then just look elsewhere..

just some "constructive criticism"! ;)
don't mean to offend..

thanks,
Scot

#55 ·
As I mentioned earlier, we do intend to add photos again when our site is redone. Also there are rotating photos in our ads. in Garden Railways Magazine of some of our most popular models. This includes our 1:32, 1:29 and 1:20.3 wheels. In addition there are photos in GR Product News when we introduce new models. Best regards, Gary

#56 ·
Gary, if you want to send me some pix, I would be happy to host them on a page exclusively devoted to your products... I have a Wheels section on my site.

(and if you go to my site, you will see how many people are on it at one time... hint hint)

I could link the pictures to your site/price list.

You can just email me hi-res pictures with the part number... I crop to 800 pixels wide for my site, but you can send me anything at that res or higher.

Regards, Greg

#57 ·
Gary Raymond Wheels

Hi,

Yes, we are still in business. This marks our 31st year!

Our wheelset catalogue is at www.trainwheels.com as it has always been and you can always give me a call at 805 492 5858 M-F 9-5 PST to get the latest updates.

As we are an after market manufacturer some of our models have been discontinued because those train models are no longer made however we will usually have a replacement that will work for your model.

Best regards,

Gary

Gary Raymond Quality Large Scale Metal Wheelsets

#58 ·
Gary,
How did you get on to this seven year old thread? Glad you are still making wheel sets. My favorite after market wheel. I managed to pick up quite a few of the newer A34's that will fit the Aristocraft rollerbearing trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.