G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or better yet, is there a web site that shows all the different wheels he offers and the prices?

There used to be an 'Earthlink" page - a table of all his wheels, but that web page no longer exists.

And a more general question - Is there a fairly recent lsting of Large scale metal wheels somewhere on the net?

Thanks, Knut

·
Registered
258 Posts
I used to use Raymond wheels exclusively. I have nothing against the wheels. They are excellent!
However, I got so tired of waiting months for the wheels to arrive, that I switched to Sierra Valley wheel sets. 1 week service!

I don't know if Raymond is a one man shop in his garage, or what.
But if so he needs to hire help and start getting the product out!

Just a small rant.

jb

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Gary doesn't have any employees, but I think that at least some steps in their manufacturing happen someplace else. I could be wrong about that. I've been inside his house, but there is so much stuff there that it would be easy to overlook something. Wheels are only one of Gary's many, many interests.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
His wheels are for sale on E bay there are several sets the guy lists over 15 i believe of 4axle sets buy it now for $11.95 for each set of 4 didn't remember if any shipping or ship for free on it, as it did not interest me. The Regal

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
Jay-Bee makes FRR wheel sets with electrical pickups. These work great on the LGB cars with the small wheel sets, I even got them installed on the LGB toytrain tender.
These are sleeve bearings, not ball bearings.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Dan,

The 1's that I got are the .890" in diameter for some oar cars.. He had some that were about 1.125" in diameter for larger cars.. I will have to check out the FRR wheels with electrical pickup..

BulletBob

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
Posted By Enginear on 30 Dec 2012 01:06 PM
Anybody stock these G.R. wheels?? I don't why you guys are having so much trouble contacting Gary. He is STILL in my Los Angeles Live Steamers Member Roster and its CURRENT.

http://www.audiomobiles.com/trains/pricelist.html
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
THIS IS HIS PRICELIST. I was just on it!
He lives in Thousand oaks, California. I have his street address. Not this difficult.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Thank you for the links. When I got a new computer, I didn't have all my old links available. I don't hear much about these anymore. I'll need to talk to him as I have some Aristo modern roller brg trucks with spinning caps and plastic wheels that need metal wheels. I'm thinking of using them under custom made 89' flat cars. What size would that be in real life 33" or smaller? 29"?28"

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
I am interesting in buying some wheelsets,
but apparently both Gary Raymond and Jaybee havent yet figured out how to put photos on the internet..
Im not going to buy them if I cant see what they look like.

well, considering its 1995 and the internet is brand-new, I guess I should cut them some slack..

Scot

·
Super Modulator
20,517 Posts
Scot they look good... I've met him in person several times at shows, great guy, really smart, and very understanding of how wheels and rails work together.

Greg

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I agree with Greg: Gary Raymond is super helpful and knowledgeable especially fine scale. I would not hesitate buying his wheels.

Happy New Year!

Alan

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
He's still in business and these guys are right, he's very helpful.

About San Val wheels, they are still available from Al Kramer, the former owner of San Val. He sells them online under the name of EZ Roll, I believe. His email address is

1 - 20 of 60 Posts