G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself although I'm not new to garden railroading. I started in 1996 and amassed 127 engines and 453 pieces of rolling stock and 2900 foot of track. I've been dormant for the last 7 years or so but the bug bit this winter and I've began to get everything up to par before spring. I plan to put in a new railroad half the size that I had to start off so it's not so over whelming.

It took me 2 weeks just to dust off everything. Its all displayed in our family room on shelves. Got lots of Browne points for the massive cleaning. HA!

My neighbor 4 doors down has an outdoor railroad and we plant tie ours together along the stream on our back lot lines. We are about 900 feet apart. Should be fun having the trains gone for a long for a while.

I'll begin to post pictures as soon as there is some action. Looking to forward to talking with you all.

Doug

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
WOW some plan....a garden railroad that actually goes somewhere....sound's like it'll be a great RR..... :) :) :)

·
Premium Member
5,623 Posts
Man thats great to have a neighbor that close that has G scale also. Should be interesting to see the progress of the RR. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
Sounds cool.

Got clearance from the inbetween neighbors?

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Best wishes in the re-establishment of your RR. Please keep up posted with lots of pictures.
Jimc.

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Welcome aboard, Nohandles! This is fine board, bet you'll soon feel right at home. 127 engines? Wow!

Les

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Posted By Big65Dude on 01/10/2009 11:19 AM
Doug -

Where 'bouts in Ohio do you live?

Jack Thompson

OSU Class of '69

Jack,

We live about 20 miles west of Cleveland in North Ridgeville.

Thanks for the warm welcome all of you. I can't wait to get out there and get the railroad running again. I have the first 2 engines I got running as we speak. Uintah 50 and 51 both with sound.

Forgot how much I loved the trains and operation of them.
I built a rotary snow thrower in 1990 and would have loved to see if it would have take off the 10 inches we had this morning. We took 8 out the last time I used it. Slow process but the snow was light and I think it would have done it.
Tomorrow I think I will lash up the ABBA F7'S all with sound and all the passenger cars.

·
Registered
938 Posts
That will be really great to see when you and your neighbor get that setup! Wish I had one I could do that with.

Sounds like you have one heck of a collection too, that's great.
Look forward to seeing your progress photos and welcome to MLS!

Raymond

1 - 14 of 14 Posts