G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been a big Indiana Jones Fan for most my life and also being a modeler of trains i've always thought modelling the Dunn and Duffy Circus Train from last Crusade would be fun in some form eventually, anyways earlier this year I finally started on that dream. Here's the first two cars I've completed;
Train Rolling stock Plant Wood Railway

Plant Wood Motor vehicle Vehicle Track

Train Nature Rolling stock Track Railway
Train Plant Rolling stock Track freight car
Train Plant Rolling stock Motor vehicle Track

Here they are outside on a quick temporary loop I setup just for the photos a few weeks ago, Raging Rhino Boxcar is a regular LGB D&RG boxcar that's been repainted and lightly modified, And the Big Top Tent Flatcar is a scratch built wooden D&RGW 6700 series idler flat built from plans in Slim Gauge cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Arlo,
Love the detail of the tarps.
Can you tell us how you did them?
Cheers,
David Leech, Delta, Canada
Thanks! The tarps are quite simple, just regular old paper towels soaked in diluted elmers glue (about a 50/50 mix of glue and water), then draped and folded over foam blocks. It's quite simple but very effective once painted

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I've been a big Indiana Jones Fan for most my life and also being a modeler of trains i've always thought modelling the Dunn and Duffy Circus Train from last Crusade would be fun in some form eventually, anyways earlier this year I finally started on that dream. Here's the first two cars I've completed;
View attachment 64077

View attachment 64075
View attachment 64076 View attachment 64078 View attachment 64079
Here they are outside on a quick temporary loop I setup just for the photos a few weeks ago, Raging Rhino Boxcar is a regular LGB D&RG boxcar that's been repainted and lightly modified, And the Big Top Tent Flatcar is a scratch built wooden D&RGW 6700 series idler flat built from plans in Slim Gauge cars.
Amazing great job, did you make those decals or did you paint them on. If decals where did you get them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amazing great job, did you make those decals or did you paint them on. If decals where did you get them?
Thanks! All the decorations on the boxcar where hand painted with various stencils and masking tape with simple acrylic paints, with the sole exception being the “Raging Rhinos” text which are waterslide decals designed in Illustrator and printed by Railway Mania Podcast in the UK for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts