G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Kansas Central & Colorado R.R. hosted it's second Independence Day Open House. Approximately 175 people attended during the 4 1/2 hours that the railroad was open. Continuing in the tradition started at HAGRS in Kansas City, all children were allowed a chance to operate the trains using the remote (all trains were battery operated with RCS and Sierra Sound.)
The attendance was about 3 times what it was for the first Open House and a number of visitors were very interested in getting into garden railroading! The only glitch came when I wasn't paying attention and ran into the edge of the trestle I restored and was displaying. It had brass track setting on it and sticking out the ends and it was sharp! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif The good news is that I didn't get blood on my shorts and it didn't need stitches. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif ;)
As far as the trains were concerned, they performed flawlessly. I decided to have some fun and pull out the Shay and Climax and use the Mogul as back-up. While I have been running the heck out of my Connie and BBT Bee, I felt it was time to give the others some fresh air. :) A BIG thanks goes to my wife, Patsy, and my neighbor, Scott, who helped pull weeds for 4 hours! Patsy also spent each day this week working in the garden getting it ready. Without her help this Open House wouldn't have happened!
When we finally shut down for the day (at least 1 hour late) and everybody had gone home, we both agreed that it was a success and so it will most probably continue to be our 4th of July tradition! So, to everyone, may we wish you all a happy and joyous 4th!! :D

Here are some pictures from the Open House:

G

·
Great lookin RR Steve, looks hot out there today.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/cry.gif
Nick

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Steve, Patsy, and kids,
Congratulations on a great day. Happy 4th to all four of you.
Jim, Susie, and GKs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts