G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first digital camera as a Christmas present. It's a Canon SD880 IS, which just arrived on Monday. I'm still figuring out how all the features work, but here are a few quick shots of the layout. These have all been reduced in size and "optimized for the web" using Photoshop:

Looking into the stone cabin:

Through the window:

This next one shows my newest addition to the layout, a dilapidated blacksmith's shop at the abandoned mine. All the "wood" is actually styrene.

The next shot shows the powder magazine at the Cliffside Mine:

The small size of the camera lets me get in a lot closer, for shots like this one looking across the wooden walkways on the Cliffside Mine:

· Registered
391 Posts
Wow, great shots Ray. I love all of the rocks and stone. It all scales really well, with the exception of the fence in the background of one shot and the grain of wheat lamp, they could pass for real.

· Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Posted By Greg Elmassian on 01/07/2009 5:04 PM
Fantastic Ray, as always. Any "normal" person looking at those pics would assume they are 1:1.

Great...

Greg

HA! Now I have proof that I am "Normal"!!!!!

I think the fence was photoshopped in.

· Registered
65 Posts
I just googled your camera, VERY NICE.

Here: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=17626

Make sure you READ the reviews, VERY GOOD camera.

What color did you get?

You think you like your camera now, wait until you take some VIDEO, then you will LOVE it.

Try the different settings, mine works best "for video" on the small high def (HD) picture setting.

The large setting, jumps to much when dowloaded on the computer.

On camera its fine, on the computer it jumps from 1 sec to 3 to 5 ect, on the smaller setting in runs SMOOTH.

Here is what I got for Xmas in silver: http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=13044&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=2798#reviews

Everyone else should tell us what "NEW" camera they got for Xmas.

HAVE FUN, & SEND MORE PICTURES.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.