G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with my UPS driver because I have a package coming tomorrow that needs signed for and we won't be here.
He told me what to do.
BUT he said its becoming a big problem with people following them around and stealing the packages.
Same with other companies.

So be ware.

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
Now days be ware of anything delivered. People will steal anything. Later RJD

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
people following them around and stealing the packages

Even in Nebraska?

My son has a problem in Philadelphia - anything left on the front step is gone in a millisecond, but . . . Nebraska??

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
What urks me is about 80% of the time, for packages that don't need a signature, they won't even take time to ring the door bell. So unless you hear the truck outside, it may sit outside for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
This is a problem caused by the delivery companies themselves. As a former mail order manager we always required Signatures until both Fedex and UPS decided that they could save driver time by not getting signatures ,, so they upped the price for signature required to over$3.50 a package.... doesnt sound much until you send out 300 packages a day. In cities you can get delivery to one of the UPS or Fedex stores ... at least it would be safe...

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Being the season (snow that is) I found a set of snow tires and rims for my car at half the price of the tires alone on Ebay (yeah I know say what you will) and inquired about the shipping price (ouch Almost $100) and as the auction ended justified it to myself and bid. I was the only bidder and the shipping he quoted was actually less by a little bit. Shipped FedEx Ground Wednesday from teh midwest and arrived in Western Ny Thursday evening. I stopped at the house last night quickly to drop off somehting then ran three blocks up the street to the school to pick up my duaghter and got back to a pile of tires in front of the house. WOW that was quick! There was also another order that was there That had shipped the previous day from Buffalo FedEx Ground. that one i was expecting but the tires I did not expect until today or tomorrow. UPS has been busting butt in our area as well I've enve seen trucks with two guys on them to handle the extra deliveries.

Our UPS guy usually delivers out back though. At least until we got a dog. LOL!

Chas

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
I suppose those of us who are not Americans and do not share the American fascination for the courrieur services would ask ... why not use the postal service?

Regards ... Doug

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
The children that rifle my mail box have said they didn't know it was a Federal crime to do so. The adult said the same thing.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
I'm glad this topic was brought up. It made me remember that I am awaiting some packages. I just checked the front porch and sure enough, there were three packages there. I did all of my Christmas shopping on the internet this year and the purchases are showing up finally.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts