G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no idea what that means.

but a realistate friend told me of a small farm for sale . So I went and looked at it.

the first thing I did was walk to the back yard to see if it had a view..  for the RR....
I could even have an indoor railroad which could head right outside.
it has two acres which is less mowing, but east to west view and place for a RR.

the thought of starting all fresh (over) would be cool.

But i would loose the new shop.
I could have something up by Sept.

But,, any way the temptation is always there.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Yes, starting over is tempting, but how many MLS'rs will it take to move the bridge?

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Good Gosh and Mighty Joe Friday/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif   What in heck are you smoking?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sick.gif  Start over/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/plain.gif  Tired of mowing?  Get some concrete and paint it green.  Got any of that stuff  left?/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif  Do you share:rolleyes:   Must be some good stuff Maynerd/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Marty,

At least when you're "beside yourself" you'll never be alone. hehe! :D

The grass always looks greener I guess somewhere else. I think too that like myself you take the greatest pleasure in building and creating something new. I have no doubt that whatever you build would be even better than what went before....and that's saying something considering your amazing accomplishments thus far.

I have no advice or opinion on what you should do but I wish you all the best whatever you decide.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Marty,

What did the boss think?  Our advice could get you in to more trouble if the Boss has already had her say.

Mark

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Posted By NTCGRR on 02/26/2008 4:27 PM
I could even have an indoor railroad which could head right outside.

But,, any way the temptation is always there.

...Wouldnt have to shut down operations when it gets too cold or the snow gets too high...tempt tempt

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Having twice dismantled layouts in order to move, I would find the prospect of doing it yet again very discouraging.  At this point I just wouldn't consider a move unless I were forced into it or the new layout site were vastly superior.

I'd say that the advice to check with your wife is right on.  If the two of you are beginning to feel antsy to try something new, this might be the perfect time to jump.

Llyn

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Interesting topic Marty. I'd move in a heart beat if there were any logic to it other than the RR and if I could get the space I wanted.  I'm constrained to 80 ft by 80ft area now so the thought of 2 acres....../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/w00t.gif

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Yeah with two acres you could rebuild someplace else on the property without ripping up the old layout! LOL!

Chas

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Marty if you are hankering to build another layout might I suggest you drive up this way. I have a spare room and 5.6 acres, a bunch of track and a yard that needs a layout. For me I don't mind the building but its just a means to an end for me. I'd have started already but just can't seem to get moving knowing the amount of work ahead.

Linda's an excellent cook! I have all the tools needed and plenty of lumber here or closely accessible.

Am I wetting your appetite yet?

Andre'

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds like a waste of time unless the house is really great. You have a great layout, nice land. Put up a fence around the area you don't want to take care of anymore. Get a few cows or some goats or old horses, they will take care of the lawn maintentance ! Seriously

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I dont know Marty, I know you've been talking about starting over for a long time, but your soooo settled in at the place you got now, I mean awesome house, two nice shops, wouldnt it be easyer to rip up the existing layout and just re-work the area with a bobcat???

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Man, I haven't even started my first outdoor /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its it funny, we are all at different stages of life.
 The house has foundation issues . I can fix most any thing but that.
The shops would be hard to give up.
As Sean knows I'd love to do (knowing what I know now) it all over again.
 I'd love to have an area with the Kaddie wye and the ??t??? loop out west where Paul Burch drank wine and sent me the photos of them peaing on the tracks.I'd love to run BIG TRAINS

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hmm. Can I have your old one...?  :)

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
What woudl you do with the bridge?   People come from all over th globe to have thier picture taken under that bridge or their train on top.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Buy the new place but don't sell the old one...let's see the connecting line between the two layouts :)  (Yes I am evil)/Providers/HtmlEditorProviders/Fck/FCKeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/devil_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
Marty,
So since you do not know or are not able to fix the foundation, can you "trade services" with someone that can fix that? I'm sure it's been done successfully before. I looked into having the foundation fixed at a place I was in before BUT the cost was prohibitive (twice the worth of the house at the time).

Chas

1 - 20 of 33 Posts