G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you can all relax.. I'm back form Florida. Had a great vacation. 

Didn't start out so great. My daughter (17) and I were two of the unfortunate vivtims of the lousy weather and 1000 canceled fligts out of Dallas/Fort Woth last Tuesday. It cut one day out of our vacation and let me tell ya. the floor at gate 11 Concourse C of DFW International Airport is no Sealy Posturpedic.. We ended up spending the night there. 

But a great day fishing on the Gulf on Friday morning and sea kayak on Mullet Key Friday afternoon made up for it. 

The weather was nice, moderate temps, but windy. the Gulf was pretty choppy with all the wind and the bottom fairly stirred up. Looked like chocolate milk. I canceled my plans to go diving on Saturday, just as well. had a nice day at the beach building sand castles and just  hanging out..

Anyway.. It's good to be home . 

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Serves ya right for taking a "non-train" vacation. hehe! Glad it turned out alright though. Now that you're all relaxed and tanned we expect to see a lot of new projects soon!

Welcome Back! :)

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me tell ya about a "Non - Train " trip..

We were due into Dallas at 11:45 in the morning. After being diverted to Amarillo for 6 hours we finally arrived in Dallas at 7:15 PM. Not only did we obviously miss our connection to Tampa (due to depart at 12:30) all flights out of Dallas were canceled for the rest of the day.. Nothing going out until 6:00 am the next morning. Since we didn't get in till after 7:00 all early booking were taken and the earliest flight that could book us on was Thursday morning at 6:10 am.. We took the booking but also got on the standby list for Wednesday's flights (long story short, we got out on the 9:00 am flight Wednesday..yeah).

As I sat in the airport Tuesday night, about 8:30 pm, comiserating with about 50 others at Gate 11, Conciurse C. I borrowed a laptop computer from a fellow with wireless internt and logged onto Amtrak.com.. Amtrak had a train leaving at 11:00 pm, that would get my daughter and I to Tampa...... Via, Dallas/Fort Worth to Chicago to Washington D.C. to Miami, then a bus to Tampa... Arriving at 10:00 pm on Saturday night...

I opted for the standby seats..

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry I did'nt know you were there Dave. I live 10 minutes away from the gates. 

Could have kicked my two little ones out of there room and gave it to you two. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts