G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Say , that looks just like here ........................................we caught the same storm , just across the Ohio River from KY .
We were out of power and heat for 4 days .............and single digit temps .

Another interest of mine is old lanterns and oil lights , which helped us greatly . 7 of them and 3 gallons of Lamplight Farms lamp oil , emabled us to keep the indide temp above 45 degrees at the lowest , and in the 50's during the day . Very cold sleeping , and etc , but , we kept the pipes from freezing .
It was an experience , 1 to 2" of ice , followed by 4 to 6" of snow cover , is really not usuall here . All of my extended family were without power in three seperate towns . and there are still some people here and in Kentucky still , without power .

as once said on a tv show ....................very intersting , but not very funny !

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
A couple of pics from here ........................and a " Whats the chances " type photo !

Of course quite a few tree braches broke off all around the house , lucky that none hit our home , but the back fence is flat/down now !
And a big surprize is that a branch came down by the layout " BOOM" but it fell right in the 4 foot opening where I enter inside the layout !

I could not belive where it landed !

of course catenary operation was out !

and the gazebo looked like it was decorated .....................

Lucky we were for the amount of damage and where !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.