G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a lionel largescale GP20 they would like to part with?
Doesn't have to be immaculate

·
Registered
128 Posts
I did see some on eBay, but the price was in the $250/$350 range and I personally thought it was too high for that engine. I know you said that you did get a good deal on your other engine as you said in the original post. I myself like purchasing engines that have some damage on them as you can usually save some big dollars as there are not too many of us out there that can re-due engines like you did. I myself would like an LGB Alco that needs work for a good price, but so far I haven't found one for sale.

trainman

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
The high ebay prices is about the only option. I have been looking to buy both the powered and unpowered BN GP20's to turn in to chop nose GP10's that BN had(1400 class). I agree the prices on ebay are over inflated and most have been on there for months with no takers. Yet these people keep relisting them over and over at the same price.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree with eBay being over priced at this time, back 6-8 months ago I purchase two LGB White Pass Alco's for $275 and $310 each and they were used engines, but were in very nice condition, I purchased these engines to repaint an do some modifications to them for my own railroad, which I did. I wish I could find more, but the eBay price is now in the $550-650 price range which I consider too much for an engine to modify and repaint. I would now like to fine an LGB F7 in a condition that is not perfect and I can re-due in the $500 range, but I don't think it will happen. I guess it's like they said on the news, people have money to spend and there spending it, I guess I will have to wait till the model railroads spend theirs and the price goes down some.

trainman

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Covid and so many returning to active modeling in all scales has led to a greater scarcity of items for sale and a rise in prices. In contrary to the excellent prices I paid for some G scale at a local show today, the first one since Covid shut down shows last year. Mike the Aspie

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Covid and so many returning to active modeling in all scales has led to a greater scarcity of items for sale and a rise in prices. In contrary to the excellent prices I paid for some G scale at a local show today, the first one since Covid shut down shows last year. Mike the Aspie
wish i could get out to those local shows. i seem to be far away from any of them

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Wasnt any GP20's at the show yesterday, but plenty of G scale for good prices. Seen was a set of USAT F3's AB in Rio Grande colors for $450, LGB Warbonnet F7 AB with 3 Aristo streamlined coaches and 1 Obs for $1200 for the set. Aristo warbonnet SD45 for $400. Seen but sold was a pair of Aristo/REA GE U25bs(sprung truck version in black box) Warbonnet and Chessie for $125 each. I picked up a USAT bluebonnet GP38-2 for $175, LGB BN grain hopper for $40, USAT UP coal hopper for $30 and an unboxed LGB NP box car for $15.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts