G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don,
looks fantastic. you do superb work.

can you tell me something about the origins of the best sixty dozer?

AL P.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Fantastic, Don!
It's great to see your work getting spread around the internet a bit more! Dean's a great guy and has put together a genuine resource for largescalers!
The only thing I think it needs is finished photos of the critter you're doing!
Chris

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Al P.,
The Best Sixty was offered about fifteen years ago by one of the G-scale suppliers, I don't remember which one. The production was a limited run with several details offered and it was made in Germany. The LGB flat car, cleats and loading ramp were offered as one of the options. I found this on eBay about three years ago. Several of the parts were broken and one of the tracks had some issues, so I bought it and repaired it. Additional details were added to the set then it was painted and weathered. You might consider eBay if you are looking for one.

Chris, I am one man with two hands and more projects than good sense... leave me alone already! (KIDDING!)

Don

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
It's a great looking website and your modelling skills are outstanding. I'm going to bookmark your pages because, even if I do model modern standard gauge trains,,I'll get a lot of detail and weathering ideas from you.

Thanks for letting us know.

Dave

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Posted By Don Gage on 02/24/2009 4:30 PM
Hello All,
I wanted to thank Dean Whipple for the cool and updated website he has created for me. The new site is located at:

http://4largescale.com/DonGage/index.htm

Please check it out and let me know what you think,

Don.

You're very welcome Don, I'm glad others are enjoying you're new website with all your great ideas, that's what I'd hoped for.....

I hope they'll check out all the other interesting websites at 4largescale.com for even more ideas.....

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Hey Don,
That's really a nice sight, and your work fits right in with all the other great modelers that Dean hosts there at 4 large scale.

So how is that 1:20 donkey upgrade coming

Take care
Rick Marty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts