G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to get my Mogul back from who I sold it to and I am glad I have it back.  I never should have sold it.  I was just running it and it ran great for about 10 minutes and then it just stoped and the piston valve on the left cylinder shot backwards out of the valve block.  I am at a loss for why this happend or how to fix it.  I can upload a pic.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Brian - There is a 4 or 5 mm bolt that holds the piston rod onto the eccentric rocker. You probally lost the bolt running as it wil not run with out the bolt. Look on the track where this happened as you will find the missing bolt and you can just reinstert it with some loctite. Make sure you do not get loctite on the end of the valve rod as you will loctite the thing together. Just on the ends of the threads that go into the pivoting arm.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan and Jay.  You were right Jay there was an allen head screw under the eccentric rocker.  I did not look close enough and I was leaving in a few minutes so I did not have much time to look at it until an hour ago.  I screwed the bolt back in and it runs great.  That was the most stupid thing I ever did, was to sell it.  I was luck that Dan was such a nice guy and sold it back to me, I really have to thank him for letting me get it back.
Brian

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Brian,
  This would be a good time to check ALL the nuts, bolts and set screws on the locomotive.  I would also invest a few dollars into some 'BLUE' Locktite.  That will reduce the chance of something like this happening again.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif

Have fun with your engine and see you soon at one of the MSSLS steamups.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts