G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't click twice

... and still lost a long post.
I spent 2 hours posting about the Bachmann K27.
Several people had mentioned my name in earlier posts, so I felt obligated to reply.
I pasted links to diagrams and pictures, wrote a huge list following the path current takes through the Kay, provided several fixes that have not been published anywhere else and quoted and then answered a dozen questions.

I was about done and was adding a line about 2/3s down. In the middle of one word the post disappeared.

I am NOT having this problem on any other forum.

This has been going on for months. I have given up on answering any detailed questions and only posted a few very short posts. Even so, some of those have crashed too.

I've about had it with this forum. It used to be the only one I used. Now, over 90% of my posts go elsewhere. I feel so out of touch with my friends here that I feel out of the loop on the nightly chats and have almost given up on them too.

Don't tell me to use word or even notepad. I post from a dozen different computers and only one has word installed. Most of them have notepad and all other utilities locked out or removed because I do not want my customers running anything other than my software on those computers. So, if the editor can't cut it, then I'm pretty much out of luck.

I keep seeing stuff about a new editor.

?? WHEN ??

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Are you using quick reply at the bottom of the post? It's only meant for replies about as long as this one. Otherwise, you need to make sure you compose your replies in the full reply editor, accessible by clicking on the "Add Reply" button at the top and bottom of each topic.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last one that failed was started by pressing "quote", not reply.
I inserted NO smileys
I did paste 6 or more links to pictures in my web space.
I did not even attempt to do any formatting, all just plain text.
The most recient losses have been on my HP touch screen, (vista). My new Sony video editing machine( vista) My old desktop (XP) and my little sony laptop (98)

B0B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts