G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all its been awhile since I posted here, life has been a little on the hectic side and the garden has decided it wants to push the trains out (at least for the summer). In my absence I have switched my new GP40 to battery power and am ecstatic. No more track cleaning etc, etc, etc you all know the story. I am planning on doing my Shay next due to the fact that it lost one of it's pickups and won't run verry smoothly on track power any more. I am using a trail car w/ the aristo T/E on board, running Dewalt 18volt cordless drill batteries that I have managed to get for free from my step dads work:D. I am realy looking forward to some fall weather so I can take back my right of way from the garden and get ready to plow some leaves (not alot of snow in the So Cal desert). Just wanted to write and say Hi to all my freinds on MLS.com and hope to get time to get back on the boards a bit more in the upcoming weeks.
Mark

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Mark,

Glad to see you came over to the dark side! /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif You'll never regret it. Life is so much better when you run on battery.:D

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Let me also Welcome you to the Dark Side.. Yes I too was amazed who bright it is here on the darkside.:D

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts
You won't catch me going back[:D]

G

·
0 Posts
funny, you never see a post of someone happy about (even admitting) converting back to Track Power from battery!

Welcome over..........................

cale

·
Premium Member
614 Posts
About a year ago I purchased 2 Aristo SF E8's and installed QSI Sound along with Airwire/Gwire interface under battery power...that lasted about a month and the QSI & Airwire was taken back out & sold on Ebay.

Why?? Because I'm used to the superb high quality sound that is only available with the MTH DCS Conrol System.../DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts