G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My wife and I are planning to visit the HSB RR in October and are trying to get some info but they have not responded yet. We are planning to drive there from Frankfurt, stay in the area 1-2 nights and then drive to our time share in Saltzburg. Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced hotel near the RR and a few places to eat. Also is there one train that is better than another? Do they operate on weekdays? Any helpful hints or info would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Bill Hewitt

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Bill,

for your vacation-highlight visit the URL from Harzer Schmalspurbahnen first:

http://www.hsb-wr.de/

There are alot of information available!

Several accomodation in walkiung distance from the Railwaystation in Wernigerode!

Hope the hint was helpful

Toney

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the link! I have been to that site but the problem is I don't speak German.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Posted By bhewitt452 on 06 Aug 2012 10:59 AM
Thank you for the link! I have been to that site but the problem is I don't speak German.
Bill

Click the Google Translate link below, after the Google Translate page displays in a new browser window/tab, switch back to the MLS browser window that has this topic displayed and copy and then paste the German web site's URL into the Google translate text field on the left, wait for the link to display in the text field on the right and then click it. It won't translate everything but the menus and such will be translated.

Google Translate[/b]

·
Registered
214 Posts
HSB = shortening/name of the "HarzerSchmalspurBahnen"

Narrowgauge railway in Germany
gauge = 1.000mm
length = 140km
this year is 125 year-anniversary jubilee

greetings from Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts