G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a reversing unite for my g scale trolleys that works fine.but my bachman speeder wont work. I have found out that the speeder has a different motor that will not automatically reverse. It strange that i can switch the reversing switch on the power supply but it wont work with the auto reversing unit. Does any one know how to fix this problem

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Most probably the B'mann is wired to the NMRA standard and this is the opposite of typical large scale. You could turn the track diodes around (180 degrees), or if the B'Mann does not have a "Large Scale/NMRA switch, switch ALL the pick-up leads, if there are diodes, or just the motor leads if you have light bulbs.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
When you put the speeder on a track with an LGB/AristoCraft/USA engine do they run in the same direction or opposite directions? If opposite, then it is definitely wired in the opposite direction and none of the commercial reversing units will work without modification to the engine or track diodes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you put the speeder on a track with an LGB/AristoCraft/USA engine do they run in the same direction or opposite directions? If opposite, then it is definitely wired in the opposite direction and none of the commercial reversing units will work without modification to the engine or track diodes.
all my g scale engines except the bachman trolley are radio controlled so they run in what ever direction . its interesting that if i hit the direction switch on the power train control the speeder will change direction. . fairly new to this so do i need to put a diode on the speeder motor . IF i change the direction in both track reversing unit diodes will that mess up the other working bachman trolley

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks toddalin, i reversed the diodes on the track and the speeder will auto reverse but the trolleys wont . so when i run the trolley or the speeder ill just change the diodes

thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,909 Posts
thanks toddalin, i reversed the diodes on the track and the speeder will auto reverse but the trolleys wont . so when i run the trolley or the speeder ill just change the diodes

thanks again
Much easier to flip the wires on the speeder motor so it goes in the same direction as the trolleys at all times.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
When running DC vs DCC power, DC track power controls the engine direction and lights. In DCC mode it is the decoder that controls the directions, not ht etrack!! SO, if you want to turn an engine around you will have a problem unless you add a DPDT switch to change the track power in to the decoder. his only works for the DC track power as DCC does not care about track power polarity.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts