G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all again,

So here is the question: I have been looking at different trains and I have picked up several but I am concerned that they may not all be the same scale (as is very obvious at the many "scale" issues that I have read in the forums). Does anyone have a list of trains by manufacturer and what scale they represent? For example:

Bachmann Big Hauler Series
Bachmann Polar Express
Aristocraft RC Cola Train
LGB Box cars

It would be very nice if the manufacturers put the "scale" on the outside of the box but then again...... (ok, so I can dream).

Thanks all,

Rich

P.S. Regardless of scale, my grandkids LOVE the Thomas series that I have picked up for them.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
1/22.5 scale

Bachmann Polar Express
1/22.5 scale

1/29 scale

LGB Box cars
Varies, if narrow gauge type: 1/22.5, if standard gauge closer to 1/29 but often slightly larger

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Posted By rreiffer on 02/23/2009 6:55 PM
Hello all again,

So here is the question: I have been looking at different trains and I have picked up several but I am concerned that they may not all be the same scale (as is very obvious at the many "scale" issues that I have read in the forums). Does anyone have a list of trains by manufacturer and what scale they represent? For example:

Bachmann Polar Express
LGB Box cars

It would be very nice if the manufacturers put the "scale" on the outside of the box but then again...... (ok, so I can dream).

Thanks all,

Rich

P.S. Regardless of scale, my grandkids LOVE the Thomas series that I have picked up for them.

Bachmann Big Hauler Series - 1:22.5 like most LGB
Bachmann Polar Express - I believe you mean the Lionel toy train and its about 1:32 but very toy like

Aristocraft RC Cola Train - 1:29 model of a Pennsy standard gauge A6 0-4-0 switcher

LGB Box cars - old narrow gauge cars are 1:22.5, modern standard gauge cars are about 1:26/1:27

I think that's right!

-Brian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts