G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering if anyone knows how to connect a usa motor block to aristo sd45 harness? will it work? they both have 4 wires and i can't get the thing to work right, no matter how i connect the wires? when i power the truck up on test rollers the motor runs and the lights are dim, then get bright, then back to dim in a cycle? could it be my lgb transformer? this is a kitbash project that i am trying to finish. any info will be greatly appreciated. todd

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Posted By fwtxrr on 20 Nov 2009 11:56 AM
when i power the truck up on test rollers the motor runs and the lights are dim, then get bright, then back to dim in a cycle? could it be my lgb transformer?

If you're using the small grey LGB transformer, Yes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply jim. i do have the grey lgb. but i have a bridgewerks also and it does the same thing when powered by it. from 10 volts up it is ok, the lights are on and steady, below 10 volts and the surging is evident. the motor seems to run steady though. i don't see anything burned up on the sd45 boards, and i disconnected the front, rear, and cab boards one at a time, but still the same scenario. the cab lights never work so maybe it is a bad part on one of the boards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts