G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Steamaholics thing has really taken off since Dave Hottmann started it all.  :D  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to have a shirt or two to wear proudly proclaiming my addiction!  So, I started looking into the possibilities.

I had some shirts made up for ISLSMR way back when, and I took a photo of one of those and played around with adding the graphics for a Steamaholics Golf Shirt.  Here's what I came up with...

The real ones would be embroidered (not silkscreened) and could include your name and SA # on the right breast for a few bucks more.  They'd probably be in white (good color to wear on sunny days) The color of the shirt is yet to be determined and could be ordered with or without a pocket (personally, I hate shirts without pockets, but I know others feel differently).  Graphics will be somewhat smaller that in the above illustration depending on what looks esthetically pleasing.  /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/whistling.gif  The above was something quick and dirty I threw together to illustrate the concept.

This poll is to gauge the interest in whether or not I should move forward on this.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
- Just as a personal preference, I'd probably prefer a T-shirt to a "golf shirt"/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/tongue.gif (might be less expensive to have made as well)./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/wow.gif

Tom  SA#7002

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I too would buy one if avialable in Golf Shirt, "Oh My God" sizes and with pockets.

Tom

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
I'm in, only the option of not having your SA# and name would be nice, so you can wear it to casual events without everyone knowing your name. Another site I frequent has this option and it turns out to be great for half-formal events and dinners...wherever collared shirts are necessary.

Good idea Dwight!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Dwight,
My vote in the poll was for one but should/could be amended to Would/will buy AT LEAST one shirt.

Chas

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Dwight,
As we have been discussing off line, I would suggest we have the logo digitized and downloadable so that guys wanting a shirt can buy color, texture, tee, golf , pocket...etc. of their choice and take it too the local embroidery shop and have it done. How would that suit you guys? We can do the same thing with just the MLS if Shad is agreeable.
Jim Shutt
SAGRES

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim - I can pretty much tell you right now that won't fly. Shad generally isn't real keen about allowing free use of the MLS logo or putting it out for uncontrolled usage. It's a valuable brand tool, and I don't blame him a bit for wanting to keep some controls upon how it's used and where and how it will appear. That's in part why he's never liked the idea of "MLS Car decals" since there are no controls upon how they are used, as he's explained before in threads on that subject.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you had a diesel option I would buy quite a few.... Something like "Conquer Steam"..... LOL .... sorry

·
Registered
233 Posts
Gents,

I would buy a "ready to run" shirt but doubt I would ever get around to having a single one made for me at a local shop.

One I am lazy and Two a "one of" is very expensive as compared to a bulk order.

DAYoung

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, I have talked to an embroiderer and things are moving forward. Once we get an established price and things are nailed down a little more, I will post another update. I will probably create a web-based order form like I did for the old ISLSMR group where people can place an order, select the options they want, specify size, etc.

More to come...

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
What's a 'golf'? /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif  I SHOOT GUNS, not walk around a field dressed like a Pringle model with a bag of funny-looking bats.  

I'd look a total pratt wearing anything that looked like that.  Since I'm built rather like a taller version of Gimli, anything with a collar makes me look as though I've swallowed a coat hanger.

Give me a T-shirt, or give me nothing...paraphrasing the late Mr Patrick Henry.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
TAC

Buy a shirt with a collar.
Set fire to the collar to eliminate it, just like Marc Horowitz used to do with his neck ties at steam ups.

BTW. Please do this when you are NOT wearing the shirt.

Cheers

Jim

1 - 20 of 35 Posts