G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we keep trying to come up with new products for garden railroads, we thought…how can we personalize a layout? No matter what scale you have or what kind of trains you run, no matter if you have an overhead or a portable system, outside on the ground or inside on benchwork. Every Layout has its own unique name.

Do you guys have a Sign for your layout with your name?

We do…and we love it:

Here it is…

Here are some examples of what we have created for some of our friends.

Larry Michael’s

Dwayne Andersons’ Georgetown station

Jim Lucas’ Penn Yan Railroad

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
We had a ~4-foot banner made up with the Tortoise and Lizard Bash RR logo put on it. This is displayed on the fence when you enter the yard. We also had several T-shirts made up with the logo that we wear during open houses and to train events.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By irondan on 07/18/2008 9:23 AM

As we keep trying to come up with new products for garden railroads, we thought…how can we personalize a layout? No matter what scale you have or what kind of trains you run, no matter if you have an overhead or a portable system, outside on the ground or inside on benchwork. Every Layout has its own unique name. Do you guys have a Sign for your layout with your name? We do…and we love it: Here it is…

Very fine work and a great idea. I will definitely consider your products for my own layout at some point. I still have one structure I have been meaning to order from you, but the economy has not been too cooperative. Nevertheless someday . . .

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
So...how much did these set each patron back by? Just curious mind you....

G

·
Gee, talk about a lonely guy!

it has its upsides too.
i can modell as sloppy as i want, it still is the best layout, my visitors ever see!

irondan,

if i would not fear the postage costs, i sure would be interested in a sign of this kind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts