G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing other peoples avatar photo at the left when they post, but I don't see a place to add this photo on my profile?  If it shows up next to this, no problem.  But if it doesn't I need to know how to add the photo or activiate the one I had previously.

Ed Harvey

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
At the top on the right, click on My Profile.  Then click on Edit Profile on the left, scroll down to the bottom and you can add your Avatar.

Tommy:cool:

Rio Gracie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YEAAAAAAAHHHH!!:D

Thanks gang, I figured the avatar thing out, now on to the next new learning experience.;)

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The little photo on the left of me in the train.  This is new.  You can post a photo of youself of some kind of logo, or anything that will always show up next to your posts.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
RE: How do I add my "Avatar" photo to My Profile?

Ok, trying to fix mine...

·
Premium Member
4,716 Posts

I've never liked how we use that word for a picture representing yourself, but then, we need to use some word.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts

It more like this Avatar

·
Premium Member
383 Posts

Also seems to be a glitch in changing them once uploaded...
Will put in a suggestion in the suggestion box...

Update:

It takes a bit for the change to occur, but it seems to take effect after you exit MLS, and then open the site again...

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I just tried to add my avatar, No place to do it. I hit edit profile and open a winow that allows me to "manage profile" can only edit name address etc, Had add avatar function yestertday as well as a place to put in a biography and thought I had added a photo. I really confused (as usual)

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Joe,

At the top of the page on the right, click on my profile.(Blue letters in a grey band on my screen)

Left side click on edit profile

Towards the bottom of page there is avatar link or upload avatar.

I used upload avatar, browsed my hard drive for the picture , and clicked on upload.

Click on update at bottom of page

Some people are having to exit MLS and then come back for the updates to take effect

Tommy:cool:
Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Posted By Duncan on 01/04/2008 12:26 PM

Also seems to be a glitch in changing them once uploaded...
Will put in a suggestion in the suggestion box...

Update:

It takes a bit for the change to occur, but it seems to take effect after you exit MLS, and then open the site again...

This is because the filename of your avatar on the server is based on your account information.  When you change your avatar, the file name does not change, hence it is cached by your web browser and depending on your browser settings, will not reload till the next time you close and reopen your broswer.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Testing to see if I got it. The print on edit profile is so small I kept missing it. One of the joys of old age.

Looks like it's going to work. Thanks for the adviceguys.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts