G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WENT OUT TO ZUBE PARK ON SATURDAY TO VIDDEO THE G GAUGE LIVE STEAM AND LOW AND BEHOLD THEY WERE NOT THERE. WAS INFORMED THAT VANDALS HAD REEKED HAVOC ON TRACK AND SWITCHES.
SO WHILE I WAS THER TOOK A COUPLE VODEODS OF THE HAL GROUP AND THERE RIDEONS WITH THE KIDS. PARDON THE WIND.

G

·
0 Posts
Sorry to have missed you, I was hanging around the roundhouse/steamyup area (7 1/2" gauge) trying to keep from being recruited into being a conductor on the pulic hauling trains.

For any Gauge1 Live Steamer who would happend to be in Houston on the third Saturday of the month. The Gauge 1 elevated track at HALS is open and anyone is welcome to bring a live steam engine and run. (We have shorted the rails together to prevent sparkeys from running.) The club, HALS, is interested in anything having to do with live steam. On the third Saturday we have our Public Run Day where we give rides to the public on our 7 1/2" gauge railroad. On occasion, we have had Gauge 1 Live steamers going and they generated a lot of interest. The public after driving out to Zube Park where we are located are interested in anything having to do with trains. This last Saturday we had over 1400 people ride the trains.

Houston Area Live Steamers www.hals.org

Dennis Cranston

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
I just want to back up what Dennis has posted and thank Art for the videos. Zube Park is a Harris County park, however it is not open to the general public except on the third Saturday when Hals has their open house. Unfortunately, being an open park we have problems with kids messing things up out there from time to time. However, the damage done that Art mentions was minor and has been repaired. The gauge one track is double track and has a 20 foot minimun radius so most anything can run freely out there. The inside track can also be shunted to form two separate smaller circles. There is a steaming bay with a 48" turntable, big enough to turn a Big Boy and a four track storage yard plus a couple of other sidings or storage tracks.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SOMEONE THERE CLOSE BY HAD TOLD ME OF DAMAGE. I DID NOY CHECK TO SEE AND JUST ASSUMED HE WAS CORRECT.
EXCEPT FOR WIND IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL DAY.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts