G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 

My digital camera can take up to 30 seconds of video but I have never really tried using it, I was wondering what I would have to do to save it onto my 1st class photo storage?

Do I have to do anything special to it or should it upload just the way it is. The camera is an older Nikon Coolpix 250

Sorry if this is a stoo-pid question but I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to my digital camera and I lost the instructions a while ago./DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blink.gif

·
Administrator
5,695 Posts
can I use 1stclass storage
Yes you can.

My guess is that the camera will produce Quicktime videos.  While Quicktime is okay in and of itself, and produces good video, imho the filesize is quite large for the quality.  Filesize is a killer for something you intend to share on the web, both in terms of your own storage space and how well/how soon it will play for the guy trying to view it.  

If I were you, I'd run it through Windows Movie Maker and reduce the filesize.  You'll probably get a far smaller file for roughly the same video quality.  You'll need to fool around with the compression when saving it to find the best tradeoff.  I usually use Video for broadband512 kbps, though for a long video I have used 340 kbps to get a reasonable filesize.

Another option used by some is to upload the video to U-Tube and post a link to it.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dwight, I will try a couple experiments, if they domt work I'll look into the youtube site

1 - 3 of 3 Posts