G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is that time of the year. Someone on one of the other forums did this last year and I though it wasneat to see what everyone did with their trains for the holiday season. Lets see everyones holiday trains either outdoors or around the Christmas Tree. Here is a few shots of mine.

Havent done anything outside yet with my layout but I might do some lights on the trees.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Shawn,

I haven't set up this year's layout yet, but these are some old ones:
Early 2005 layout (was later revised to simply two loops:

Note, it is fun making tunnels with presents, isn't it?!

I was looking for pictures of 2006 and think that maybe that was a Lionel Christmas, and I didn't take any pictures. Last year was kind of a crazy year with a newborn, so all I did was a simple circle.

I just looked at this picture for the first time in probably a year. Luke is so much bigger this year. He is almost walking and took all the cars off the track when I ran the Lionel trains for my nephew a few weeks ago. I mean over the shoulder throws!! An uncle just gave me a clock work Marx train. Need a key, and will check the local O gauge shop tomorrow. Might be the perfect train for him this year.

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
This is pretty much what I set up most years. this last years. Later RJD

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't have this years yet...Still need to set it up...Last year we just thought it best not to set up...But I do have '06 pictures but don't have any way to post???

·
Been around awhile
131 Posts
Mine is a little different. It services the Nativity, not the tree.

Dave

·
Registered
100 Posts
Okay...this says holiday display....doesn't say large scale display, so ........my indoor display is HO...but it is still a holiday display
soooooooooo will post it and if I get yelled at ...
We put it up every Christmas and usually add a little something different every year....one day might try something on the outside one...but not so far.

Garry NCGRR

·
Premium Member
965 Posts

Doubleheaded Holiday Express locos. Christmas present tunnel.

JimC.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Jim,

Is that an area rug you put down for the trains? Last year, I had a terrible mess to try and clean up. I really like the christmas present tunnel!

Dave- I like the nativity train idea. That's pretty cool and a little different.

I found another picture from last year, and its better than the last one (because I am out of it!)

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Mark,
Yes, that is an area rug under the train. We leave it in place year round. Carbon staining has not been a problem with this NB train.
I'm glad you like the present-tunnel.
JimC.

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Finally got our tree up...

Merry Christmas.....Noel & Jane
[/b]

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
We've had ours up about a week now--a roundy round with a couple spurs. The buildings will go out in the garden when they're finished

The spur under the wood stove> wish I could talk my wife into taking that safety gate down

And a two-track yard tucked behind an armchair

It runs an old LGB starter set and some Christmas cars we were given

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here are a few shots from around our tree

The Grinch is up to his old games......

Here is Santa's power source this year....

And the jolly old elf himself!

Merry Christmas to all!

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
Well, better late than never, I guess. The train has been up for a couple of weeks, but I did not get a chance to take a photo until
late this afternoon. Then we had to run off to a Christmas Eve service and an open house at my daughter's house. That is my
excuse for this late posting, and I'm sticking to it!

This year I let my dear old 2018D do the honors. The red and green livery looks fairly Christmas-y to me anyway.

Hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.

David Meashey

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Well, I don't post enough to know how to put a picture in them, but here is a link to
my '08 display. We use an O Scale Train inside. Didn't do any decorating on the outdoor
railroad this year...just too cold and not enough time.

http://www.heather-ridge.com/Wonderland08

Monte

Footnote: Duh....there is a attachment place at the bottom of the message space....here is a picture.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts