G Scale Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is that time of the year. Someone on one of the other forums did this last year and I though it wasneat to see what everyone did with their trains for the holiday season. Lets see everyones holiday trains either outdoors or around the Christmas Tree. Here is a few shots of mine.

Havent done anything outside yet with my layout but I might do some lights on the trees.

· Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Shawn,

I haven't set up this year's layout yet, but these are some old ones:
Early 2005 layout (was later revised to simply two loops:

Note, it is fun making tunnels with presents, isn't it?!

I was looking for pictures of 2006 and think that maybe that was a Lionel Christmas, and I didn't take any pictures. Last year was kind of a crazy year with a newborn, so all I did was a simple circle.

I just looked at this picture for the first time in probably a year. Luke is so much bigger this year. He is almost walking and took all the cars off the track when I ran the Lionel trains for my nephew a few weeks ago. I mean over the shoulder throws!! An uncle just gave me a clock work Marx train. Need a key, and will check the local O gauge shop tomorrow. Might be the perfect train for him this year.

· Registered
122 Posts
Okay...this says holiday display....doesn't say large scale display, so ........my indoor display is HO...but it is still a holiday display
soooooooooo will post it and if I get yelled at ...
We put it up every Christmas and usually add a little something different every year....one day might try something on the outside one...but not so far.

Garry NCGRR

· Premium Member
1,064 Posts

Doubleheaded Holiday Express locos. Christmas present tunnel.

JimC.

· Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Jim,

Is that an area rug you put down for the trains? Last year, I had a terrible mess to try and clean up. I really like the christmas present tunnel!

Dave- I like the nativity train idea. That's pretty cool and a little different.

I found another picture from last year, and its better than the last one (because I am out of it!)

· Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Mark,
Yes, that is an area rug under the train. We leave it in place year round. Carbon staining has not been a problem with this NB train.
I'm glad you like the present-tunnel.
JimC.

· Old Senior Member
1,543 Posts
Finally got our tree up...

Merry Christmas.....Noel & Jane
[/b]

· Premium Member
3,134 Posts
We've had ours up about a week now--a roundy round with a couple spurs. The buildings will go out in the garden when they're finished

The spur under the wood stove> wish I could talk my wife into taking that safety gate down

And a two-track yard tucked behind an armchair

It runs an old LGB starter set and some Christmas cars we were given

· Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Well, better late than never, I guess. The train has been up for a couple of weeks, but I did not get a chance to take a photo until
late this afternoon. Then we had to run off to a Christmas Eve service and an open house at my daughter's house. That is my
excuse for this late posting, and I'm sticking to it!

This year I let my dear old 2018D do the honors. The red and green livery looks fairly Christmas-y to me anyway.

Hope all of you have a wonderful holiday.

David Meashey

· Premium Member
212 Posts
Well, I don't post enough to know how to put a picture in them, but here is a link to
my '08 display. We use an O Scale Train inside. Didn't do any decorating on the outdoor
railroad this year...just too cold and not enough time.

http://www.heather-ridge.com/Wonderland08

Monte

Footnote: Duh....there is a attachment place at the bottom of the message space....here is a picture.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.