G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
It's been a long time since I've been around here but i thought I would drop in to say hi and let everyone know I'm still alive!
Between the little one (who isn't so little anymore!) and my new position at work I have very little time for myself! What time I do have has been spent mostly on my other hobby of old iron. I'm restoring a 1928 Stover hit and miss flywheel engine and just recently bought a 1952 John Deere 60 tractor that should keep me in projects for a while. Yolanda and Jason are doing good and we are all busy with the holidays. Well, I'll keep this short but I promise to check in more often!

Steve

·
Just another old guy
786 Posts
Hi Steve,

Glad to hear from you also. Is that hit and miss engine the same one that bit you awhile back?

Tommy

Rio Gracie

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
Steve? Steve? ...the names sounds familiar????

Howdie Steve, glad to hear you guys are doing well. Look forward to reading more from ya in the future.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Hey Steve, good to hear from you! Are you guys going to make it to the Santa Margarita railfair next spring? C & I are trying to talk our local club inrto making it a group trip. Hope we'll see ya' there!

love to Y & J

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Steve, please, post pictures of the restoration work. There was one of those hit and miss engines that ran the spray rig on my grandfather's apple orchard in Ohio when I was a kid. I learned a lot of four-letter words when they sprayed -- seems the engine had a lot more miss than hit!

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Steve!

Great to hear from you (& the family!) Glad things seem to be going good for you folks! We've missed a lot of the old regulars but everyone seems super busy lately.

Have a great holiday!

Chas

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all,
It's good to be back if only occassionally. I see alot of new names on here which is a good thing!

Tommy, no the engine I'm restoring right now isn't THAT one. This is another one, I haven't done anything to the finger biter yet!

Hey Mikey, yes we'll be at the BTS. Hope you guys are ready for Jason, he's pretty fast now!

Gary, we'll definitely be at the Ranch unless something comes up. Sure hope you guys can make it this next year, it's really getting to be quite an event!

Steve

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Hey!!
I think I remember you. Didn’t you work on the Fantasy Corner at fair plex.
I knew a guy named Steve that helped out there. If that is you then I remember you.
It’s great to hear from you.
I will be looking for you and the family at the BTS.
Give “y” and Jason a big hug for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts