·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By Stan Cedarleaf on 04/24/2008 12:18 AM

Don't think there's words to comment on this... Well, maybe WOW....

Got that right ! Holy cow !

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Please, someone, could you  remove or modify those extra-long links in the first two posts.

They really throw off the workability and appearance of this thread !  

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Jeez guys!!
There's two engines in that package, which would naturally elevate the price above "normal".
And there might even be some illicit white powdery substance in the hollow logs, too!!
Well, if there is any left after the seller started working on the ad itself...

·
Premium Member
5,510 Posts
Soooo... if the seller had a starting bid of 2 cents, what would you bid for the package, both as a "gee, nobody else is bidding, maybe I can get it cheap", AND as if you REALLY, REALLY wanted it???? i.e.: what is the minimum that the seller should get and what is the maximum he should get?

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By Semper Vaporo on 04/24/2008 8:56 AM

Soooo... if the seller had a starting bid of 2 cents, what would you bid for the package, both as a "gee, nobody else is bidding, maybe I can get it cheap", AND as if you REALLY, REALLY wanted it???? i.e.: what is the minimum that the seller should get and what is the maximum he should get?

IF I wanted it, I'd probably bid $80.00 on it and might go as high as $125.00.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Evil Bay my boys Evil Bay a saying comes to mind "Buyer Beware" There may be some fool out there that will as we say "Pay the Price" Ive seen things go for way over "New" price so anything on "Evil Bay" would not surprise me!! Also he's probably just trying to cover all the bases on they're "double fees" front and back. LOL/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/crazy.gif

·
Super Moderator
4,960 Posts
Now, give the guy a break. He's in Canada, and the price is listed in US dollars. It's been so long since the canadian $ was worth more than the US $, he's probably just a bit confused by the math. ;) Either that, or the bid price includes the tank of gas needed to get to the post office to mail it. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/sad.gif

Later,

K

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If you look at the ad and the picture hes says he has a oval of track and a transformer, it looks like aristo track, maybe thats the other $900 or $1000 of the deal????????????? LOL/DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/blush.gif Someone ottta ask him what the other $900 or $1000 is for maybe we're a missin something????????????????? LOL again

·
Registered
150 Posts
His wife may have said "you got to put these up on eBay" and he doesn't really want to let them go? Regardless Canada is a free country also and he can do what ever he wants, just smile and go on to the next item.

Jack

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
Posted By thekollector on 04/24/2008 10:15 AM

His wife may have said "you got to put these up on eBay" and he doesn't really want to let them go? Regardless Canada is a free country also and he can do what ever he wants, just smile and go on to the next item. Jack

Now that explanation actually would make sense of this.

G

·
0 Posts
skyscraping prices seem to be quite common on ebay.
i often see "locos" offered for 150 or more euro. toys, that i can buy here in the bush for five or six dollars as scratchbuilding fodder.

·
Registered
322 Posts
As a Canadian, I have to tell you that retailers are not afraid to charge the full suggested retail price and then bitch like **** if we buy from the U.S. I personally have never seen a Bachmann engine priced under $325. This guy probably feels justified in asking that amount. Regards, Dennis.

·
Premium Member
4,297 Posts
He can feel justified all he wants, he'll never ever sell them at that price, they look old and dirty in the pics. Hmmm:
Coal Creek 2-4-2T ...$100 if like new, $75 max used, probably the best item in the lot
White Pass 2-4-2? ...they were $50 NIB not that long ago, used would be lucky to ever touch that again, maybe $25 max for me
one log car, used ...$10-15
one caboose, used...$10-15
one passenger car, used ...$20-30 max
these are typical Ebay prices too, so $150 is the best I see, $120 max for me.

Maybe he ment Pesos?

·
Registered
101 Posts
might be a typo ,nearly hapened to me , I went to put in 1.50 , accidently put in $150 for some thingthat was old but started at 99 cents ,i got it at my pricebut if put in $150 on a 99cent item wellthenim the high est bidd er and thenext time he sells some thing similar hes going to try to get 150$ too by starting at $150 for a unknown antique At a questionable price ,just sent him a message asking why the high price

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
While to many it may seem, that he must be kidding. Assuming of course {yes, I know /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/hehe.gif}, the specified amount was intentional and not derived through ignorance or error.

However, I haven't many times observed P.T. Barnum's adages, "There's a sucker born every minute" & "Every crowd has a silver lining." among others, proved to be inaccurate. Which additionally leads me to ponder, if he succeeds, just how many of the scoffers would truthfully own-up to secretly harboring the thought, if only I had his audacity. /DesktopModules/NTForums/themes/mls/emoticons/shocked.gif:D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts