G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

For those of us with young grandkids there seems to be nothing like have a set of Thomas the Tank engine trains running on the tracks! Up till now the only source of picking these up has been to hunt craigslist or one of the online auctions and seems like we always had to pay a very high price just to get them.

Well, Bachmann has reached an agreement to sell the Thomas series in large scale. Here is the link: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/index.php

Here is the clip:

Bachmann Trains is pleased to announce a licensing agreement with HIT Entertainment through which Bachmann is granted rights to Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ products in the United States and Canada. Bachmann first introduced HO scale Thomas & Friends™ products in 2002, and over the years has worked closely with HIT Entertainment to create train sets and separate-sale offerings that deliver railroading adventures to children of all ages. Bachmann’s expansion into Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ is a natural progression in this relationship. New product announcements for Bachmann's Large Scale Thomas & Friends™ offerings will be made at Toy Fair '09 in New York (The Javits Center, Booth 355, February 15-18, 2009).

So keep your eyes open. I suspect there will be more than Thomas and James coming up!

Enjoy,
Rich

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Hopefully some other Thomas items make production too, as it could serve as some bash fodder for UK outline standard gauge stuff.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I would like one too as they are a chic magnet. but i sure hope Lewy the Polk doesnt get involved, if so we could have another aristo clunker!!!!!!!!!!
junkity junk junk, clunk..................

1 - 9 of 9 Posts