G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The site has rigamortis. It is becoming unusable as it takes for ever to refresh. If you are doing maintance, it would be great if you told us a head of time.

·
A Steamed Elder
3,857 Posts
The site has been getting slower and sloooooower over the past week!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm glad it's not just me! Really only noticed it starting today. Like watching paint dry.

Wayne

·
TDY to Earth
1,483 Posts
I am seeing NORMAL performance.... whatever that is. But then I have a slow connection [compared to many of you] anyway.

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Posted By rlvette on 10 Feb 2014 09:05 AM
The site has rigamortis. It is becoming unusable as it takes for ever to refresh. If you are doing maintance, it would be great if you told us a head of time.

Randy..........We think along with others that they are cutting down on there Server space for this sites to run some of there more paying sites. MLS has just about stop working here as others here in Ca. that we have talked to.
No way to get ahold of Admin either. Shad has tried also. Here is another link with other problems they have.

http://www.mylargescale.com/Communi...fault.aspx
When renewal is up that's it for all of us..
Guess it's just leaving us high and dry?

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
It's running fine for me.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
I just found an instance where the old ad code that pointed to my old ad server was put back in. I'm not sure why. That server was taken offline this morning. I have removed the code and things should start running better again.

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Posted By ShadsTrains on 10 Feb 2014 12:17 PM
I just found an instance where the old ad code that pointed to my old ad server was put back in. I'm not sure why. That server was taken offline this morning. I have removed the code and things should start running better again.
Tk's Shad.. We talked to guys in Redding, Wheatland, Tahoe, Ca, LA, Ca and here is Sacremento, it's working again for now. Most of us guys are using Win 8 and IE-10.

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shad it seems you're having to do more to keep this site running now that you sold it then when you owned it. Seems you sold it to get out from under this mess.

Could this site have been purchased by a competitor under the guise of VS just to run it in the ground and have all of us go to their other site? This owner has done nothing to instill any trust from us.

It's high time these folks quit F'ing around and explain what is going on. Like others, no First Class Membership will be paid unless things get one **** of a lot better.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
At some point in the near future, I will stop bailing water..

·
Senior Dish Washer
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Posted By ShadsTrains on 10 Feb 2014 04:13 PM
At some point in the near future, I will stop bailing water..

This speaks volumes about the future of this website. Everyone better get read for the inevitable. Like it or not, Large Scale Central is the future as I see it. Whether on purpose or just plain ignorance, this ship is really sinking and the new owners are showing that they couldn't care less..

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Still trying to figure out why I can no longer 'see' pix from Flicker on My phone...

or just 'submit' a regular post from My phone...?

A slow death, may have to check the pulse soon, to see if there is life here....

to know when to move on....

D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts