G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ready to update my TIU and Remote to the newest version. have the new loader too. i have the cables listed on the MTH site for updating. the only thing im unsure about its powering the TIU. i can use the side ports with a transformer or the AUX PWR jack. Can i use a Bridgewerks magnum for power during upload of software? thank you

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've got just the thing for you DualRailTrail, Rayman4449 is the DCS brain, ask him ^^ A very good guy too ;-P

-Will

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Just about any old power supply will work. So yes, you can use the bridgewerks. The updating process only takes a few minutes and your system will work better.

John

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys i appreciate the help. John looking forward to updating. you k now whats funny? I thought i had everything i needed and whats the one thing you just figure is the easiest thing to obtain on the list when you first read it?
I cant believe I dont have a friggin curly phone cord in the house...Dont have a wall phone either..so that was tell why.

Yes Will Hes the man, i was having trouble getting ahold of Ray. i hate sometimes to bother him. he gets about 100 emails a day.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Posted By John Allman on 02/18/2009 6:24 AM
Just about any old power supply will work. So yes, you can use the bridgewerks. The updating process only takes a few minutes and your system will work better.

John

NO, you can not use just " any old power supply" to power up the TIU. You should use the transformer you use to run DCS trains with. it should not exceed 24volts DC.
Open the DCS download/upload program and follow the instructions, it will tell you exactly what to do and how to do it. Good luck.
Cliff

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Cliff - I don't mean to be arguementative. however for the purposes of uploading data to the TIU you are not correct. ANY power supply - even a wall wart - is sufficient for an upload/upgrade.

I know because that is what I just used last week!

To run trains, yes. There are recommended power supplies. I use a bridgewerks 15 mag with a UR 15... Seems to work well enough. But totally unnecessary to upgrade the software. For that, any power supply is fine. And you can power the system from the input 1 or the aux pwr jack.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sorry for the reply lag it's been a hectic few weeks over here. Been getting a lot more emails than normal since the triplex has hit the streets plus have been getting ready for the train show we just had. Bought a ton of new brass track and was getting it put together and prepped for the show. Now I just need some sleep.

Don't ever hesistate to shoot an email, I'm always glad to help. I will get a writeup done for the website on this when I get time. You've gotten good info and what you needed it sounds like. Good luck. Make sure you use DCS loader 2.0 and load the most recent version 4.10 to load into the TIU and remote.

You're going to really like 4.10

Thanks for the kudos.

Raymond

1 - 8 of 8 Posts