G Scale Model Train Forum banner

Help identifying caboose trucks

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Paul Burch 
#1 ·
I have a pair of really nice caboose trucks that I want to sell. Problem is I don't know who made them and I can't remember where or when I purchased them. I think they are an Accucraft/AML product. There are no markings on the trucks other than Bettendorf. I believe they are 1/29 with metal side frames and bolsters. Really good quality. If they are Accucraft I can't identify a model, they would have been used on. I'm going to ask $55.00 for them if anyone is interested.
Wood Automotive design Motor vehicle Font Auto part

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Automotive design Automotive wheel system

Wood Religious item Cross Office equipment Font

Wood Gas Scientific instrument Metal Font

Wood Gas Machine Auto part Metal

See less See more
#5 ·
Stumps me too. They are really nice trucks. They would look good on any 1/29 caboose. Caboose type trucks are hard to come by. A 1/29 ruler measures 5' 6" on center between axles. Maybe someone will want them even if they don't know where they came from.

#7 ·
I think they are an Accucraft/AML product
I can't identify them but here's a couple of thoughts.
  • the wheel profiles look a bit crude (big flanges) for an Accucraft though AML 1/29th uses similar wheels.
  • the power pickups look like the ones I took off my USA Trains coaches. But Aristo plungers look similar.

AML did a steel caboose with lights and transverse leaf trucks, but the top frame doesn't match?
ACCUCRAFT TRAINS AML Caboose

#12 · (Edited)
Greg,
Looks that way. The trucks I have on my Santa Fe caboose that I thought were USA are not. Well, sort of. Now that my brain has been jogged I remember a few years ago that there were some 3D printed leaf springs offered that would fit the stock USA Bettendorf trucks. That is what I used on the caboose. Now I'm thinking I will replace the trucks on the caboose with the actual USA caboose trucks. I still want to sell my detailed Santa Fe GP40 and the unique kitbashed Santa Fe Ce-8 wide vision caboose as a set. I probably will offer them here on MLS when I get time. I have been very busy with layout tear down and local sales of rolling stock and locos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.