G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My name is Stephen. I have been involved in both O Gauge and HO/OO Scale since the 90's but have just started in G, though my interest in G goes back to the 90's. As a kid my parents would take me to the Ridge Road Station on occasion, in fact it was the first hobby shop I ever visited as a child. I remember seeing just about everything LGB and being fascinated by it, but my parents always told me G was too expensive, I got into O after a neighbour gave me their unwanted Lionel train set. This summer, I figured not being able to go anywhere, to finally dive into the world of G Scale. I bought an LGB Stainz set on eBay and have since added some extra track and an Accucraft Ruby, as live steam was another aspect that I had always admired from afar before this summer. Since I'm used to running trains indoors and on electricity, this has been quite a learning experience for me and I know I have a lot more to learn.

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts
Welcome. When running live steam, be sure to wipe oil off the tracks when going to track powered locos. It will not hurt them but will keep the loco wheels cleaner for better traction.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, something I always do. I've gained an appreciation for how messy live steam can be. However I do find it to be part of the fun, real steam makes you dirty so it adds another layer of authenticity, and makes the need to keep track readily apparent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts