G Scale Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say how great the place looks! Much different than I remmeber but yet very much the same...LOTS of new names but I am overjoyed seeing many familiar names still posting...
Well things have changed for me and the short and sweet story is that I am no longer working in cable TV...I injured my shoulder and have been on workmans comp the past year +...Got another job...Not nearly as lucritive as cable was but it is still a kind of cool job...Now I work for an amusment park in the technical services department...Going to work in the electrical department here shortly for the winter...Considered a seasonal employee, I am not full time so pay is not where it needs to be...Things are VERY VERY tight here as I am sure many of you must be tightening your belts lately seeing what the economy is doing lately...

Anywho that is the short version but should pretty well explain the overall situation...It is nice to come here...I still miss my layout and am asked about it (if I bring it up ;) ) alot...A guy I work with is into trains...mainly 'O' but also a 'G' setup under the 'O' setup...I am working on getting him to go outside...

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Hey Splicer, great to see you back old buddy. Sorry things are a bit hard for you right now. But take care and hopefully things will improve for you.
Rod

·
Registered
938 Posts
Welcome back Splicer! Been a long time. I hope your situtation stabilizes soon for you. That kind of stress is not fun, believe me I know!

Raymond

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Splicer,
It's good to see you back on the forums. I hope things get better job wise...
JimC.

·
Premium Member
2,195 Posts
Hey Splicer!! I was just asking someone the other day "I wonder what happened to some of the guys who used to post on MLS?" It's sure good to see you back!

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Hiya, Mark!!
Still kickin', eh??

·
Old Senior Member
1,456 Posts
Hey Mark .. Glad you came in... I found some of these photos in my flies. You remember these??

Oh..guess the kids are a little grown up by now...

Yup....You still can always run trains this way.. It was fun giving you a bad time on your batt. car.. " the flat car in the middle of the two Eng's. " But it worked.. Got any more photo?? Like everyone said...Welcome back old friend. Noel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW!!! A nicer reception I could not imagine!!! :) I will slowly be posting more often I hope and ease back into the swing of things...Just wonderful to see/hear from my friends again I can't sy enough!

·
Registered
101 Posts
holy moly !!!!

is this really the old splicer-meister ???

where have you been buddy ? haven't seen you for years. we used to have some ... uh.... interesting discussions in the past ...

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
Splicer;

Good to see you on these boards again. I don't post as much as I used to, since the anal-retentive IT department where I work says "Das ist Verboten!"

No layout for me at the present either. There will be some track under our Christmas tree - If we ever get it decorated, that is.

Yours,
David Meashey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts